Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TIGHT FIT!!! fitting the engine...HELP!!!
G.Man

posted on 23/5/06 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
tried that ...they isnt enough room to lower the engine past the bellhousing!!

tried for the second time with the tunnel removed

Well it ended up being a 2 man job, scottc was in the area and willing to lend a hand- so we split the engine and fitted gear box first then engine-- it was very tight and took a lot off forcing past chassis rails to squeeze in, with a mm spare!!

here are a few pictures and i still need conformation that this will be ok fitted like this!!

1) the gear box shaft comes out over 1inch higher than where the height the diff flange is at (so prop will be on a angle)

2) the gear box mount is right on the edge, will this be ok??

3) the alternator is only a few mm from the rail!

4) and how do i know the engine is level in all axis and shafts are pointing perfect???

5) Gear stick side of box is very near the rails, will this rubbing cause damage??

1. as long as the faces are parallel, no problem

2. may need to make a plate

3. we have told you that you need a smaller alternator a few times...

4. measure it, a few mm tolerance should be okay...

5. maybe... if its the "hoops" a small squash on the inside wont hurt to badly, but dont crush it...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Krismc

posted on 23/5/06 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

so is it in ????

think gearbox mount may be a tad too tall, could make you a lowering brkt, also machined you clutch adapter yesterday, but the manifold plate has not arrived yet

best regards

marc
quote:

yea its in but its bloody tight i struggled to lift it out last night, after i had drilled my holes, i though it was stuck- i was lifting the car by the engine at one point until somthing giveup...ha ha oh well at least i can get it in!

And bracket for gear box mount sounds good i only need 10 mm lower to give me sensible clearance... any thing else is a bonus

And thing is i dont know how the hell ill get the propshaft in!!!! as i need to push the gear box back one inch to get the engine in.... so i cant fit it before... and if i fit it last will it drop through the tunnel??

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.