Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BALLS
mediabloke

posted on 16/11/09 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
Your call, I guess, but with the benefit of hindsight, I wouldn't think of making the claim - even with a >£5k car. Before a couple of non-fault accidents (my car parked both times, one vandalism, one hit & run), my insurer reduced my NCB by 2 years for each claim and my renewal premium nearly doubled - on 3 cars inc. my Indy.

Had I paid for the repairs myself, we could have saved the cost in premiums and still have full NCB.

indykid

posted on 16/11/09 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
i'm still fending off insurance premiums due to this

i wouldn't claim for anything under £2k if you're young. i'm 24 now and last year's premium for my 1.6 import mx5 was £1100. without the claim, i'd've saved about £250-300 based on online quotes but went with flux in the end.

still worth having fully comp insurance though imho. if you have an accident that involves more than just your car, you still get reimbursed for your car then. for the pittance extra, it's worth it i'd say.

i don't know the total value of my claim all told but i wrote off a less than 12month old corsa and my car spent 5 months in storage at a local recovery garage and MK while i tried to undo MK's feck up with the assessors.

congratulations on a spectacular accident though!
tom

Alex.

posted on 16/11/09 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, but when you get any insurance quotes they ask if you have had any ACCIDENTS, claims or convictions in the last 5 years.

So even if you don't claim you have to tell any insurer about this accident. I do believe that you have to tell your current insurer about this accident even if you are not going to make a claim.

Sorry to bring this up, but it would be best to check with your insurer, just in case they find out and invalidate the insurance on your brothers box...

Alex.

[Edited on 16/11/09 by Alex.]

cd.thomson

posted on 16/11/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
when I've been getting quotes the only thing thats asked is if I've made a claim in the last 5 years.

Craig

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.