Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: windows vista problem
omega0684

posted on 21/2/09 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
windows vista problem

just done my first datalog using megatune and i saved it to C:/program files/Megatune/Car1/megasquirt........-first log, it saved the file as an .xls file but when i opened up megalog viewer to access the datalog its not where i saved it, in fact none of my previous logs show up either! i tried to go into it manually to move the file and its not there either.

why are they not coming up on the screen when i try to open them?

ive just tried to saved another datalog to a different file and then opened it with megalog viewer and it works fine,

so is it just a case of saving my datalogs to a different file, i think so.

[Edited on 21/2/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcus_uk

posted on 21/2/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Have you done a search on your computer for them ... e.g
going into my computer
clicking on the c:\ drive
and in the top right hand side window you should see search. Type in the full name and file extension like this
first log.xls

What that will do is search the whole of the c: drive for the file as sometimes it saves the files into your documents folder or in other places. Check that .... i dont know the program at all or i could guide you through more.

omega0684

posted on 21/2/09 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
tried the search route and it says it can't find it
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
yellow melos

posted on 21/2/09 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Is't vista great !!!

if it is anywhere normal it will be in C:\users\%USERNAME%

Your click on the start symbal and just type that it. if not it may be under the progtam director c:\program files\"install folder of APP"

Searches will not normally look in program directory's, youhave to manually look.

marcus_uk

posted on 21/2/09 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Do you use excel a lot ? if not you can type this
*.xls
what that does is use a wild card as the file name. That will find any xls file on your computer.

SteveWalker

posted on 21/2/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
I recently editted a few photos using an old version of Paintshop Pro running under Vista Home Premium and when saving forgot to change the default directory. When I re-opened PSP, the files were innaccessible, but when I searched, they appeared in the correct place and could be accessed directly from the search. Navigating to the directory that the search threw up proved the directory was empty - huh? I did check for hidden files, etc.

In the end I had to load each file from the search and then use saveas to put them in a fixed location.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.