Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Almeria southern spain
Moorron

posted on 23/6/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Almeria southern spain

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has been down this way on their hols? I going soon and just wanted to know what you think of the place (albox, huercal overa).

My perants have just finished their villa and im taking advantage of cheap holidays from now on, considering i havent had a real holiday for 5 years im looking forward to it. But i did get alot done in the 5 years around the house but now i just want my DIY skilld for the car lol

Cheers
Andy

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

theconrodkid

posted on 24/6/09 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
i was there a few years ago,its where the spaghetti westerns were filmed.
dry, dusty,desert,hills,great scenery and very relaxing,dont know what it will be like on the coast now but i remember the water was freeeeeeeezing

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

wilkingj

posted on 24/6/09 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
This is really spooky!

My retired uncle had a villa down there for some years. He sold up about 10 years ago when the spanish property laws changed.

I was chatting to him on Skype last night and it came up in conversation. He commented, that he went back there last year, and its not the same place any more.

It used to be very quiet and rural.
Still excellent scenery.
Neven been there myself.

Cornwall isnt the same as it was 50 years ago when I first went there, neither is Great Yarmouth!
Mind you most places are like that, mores the pity.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BillHoll

posted on 24/6/09 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just in the process of buying an apartment in Turre (Almeria). Which is about 45mins from were you are. This part of Spain has a lower cost of living and lots of sunshine! Coastal resorts are Vera Playa and Mojacar Playa, there is also a nice Moorish village Mojacar Pueblo. Road networks are excellent and very relaxed compared to the north. Best supermarket is the Mercadona which has very good fresh meat and fish and also cheap booze! Enjoy your holidays.
nstrug

posted on 24/6/09 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Did a lot of work there in the 90s - drought-ridden and dirt poor, felt more like North Africa than Europe.
Moorron

posted on 24/6/09 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
cheers

My perants spent over 2 years getting it all sorted now the laws have changed and wanted to make sure it was all legit. They also just about paid for it in time before the exchange rates dropped. They are 15 miles inland just outside a small village called sante meria de nivia or somthing like that. We went last year for my mums 60th on a long weekend in october and it was still warm there but i agree its very poor and dusty.

We went into Majocar playa and it was dead, but a very long beach which dad tells me is very busy in the high season and we also went upto the old town and looked down over the new part from a really nice bar high up.

They found a nearer beach, still nice but more for the spanish so not many bars but its 20 minutes away so im down there every day i think. Its a little north east from Majocar playa its called san jaun de los terreros (sounds like san one).

Dads told me there are many english returning now they cant afford to stay down there meaning property prices are falling fast. All the work in Majocar has stopped now but it still seemed a nice place.

did they film nocho libra down there too?

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.