Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: paintshop pro question
locoboy

posted on 9/6/04 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
paintshop pro question

hi fellas,

im just back today from Chamonix Mont-Blanc and took loads of photos with my digital camera.

I took about 6 sequential photos of a mountain range and now i eant to put them all together to give a panoramic picture.

How do i do it! been faffing about for about an hour and cant seem to get it to work

ATB
Locoboy

Mark Allanson

posted on 9/6/04 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Casio do a program called spinorama, you can join jpegs and it makes them into a quicktime movie (if you take enough shots you can do a 360)

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Alan B

posted on 9/6/04 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Col, you need to create a new blank image to cut and paste the others into...

Obviously, the new image will be much wider...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 9/6/04 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
i have gone

File>New (made it a much longer area), selected my file i want to cut and pase and done "cut" but when i right clic on my new document to "paste" there is no option to do so.

Also i tried "edit" and the option for "paste" leads me on to a sub menue with >as new image, > as new selection> as new layer etc but they are all greyed out ie not available, arrrrghhhhh!

i also tried importing the pictures via File > Import and i get all sorts of options " Scree capture" "twain" "Digital camera" "Plug in import", the digital camera option doesnt do anything either.

f'ing technology!

ATB
Locoboy

Alan B

posted on 9/6/04 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Rather than cut and paste do a copy and paste....but before that do ctrl-A to select it all first...then ctrl-c....then click the other(new image) and go ctrl-L (new layer)

That "should" work.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Staple balls

posted on 9/6/04 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
i've not used PSP in years now, but if you continue to have probs, i'll stick them together in photoshop

jmbillings

posted on 9/6/04 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
i have gone

File>New (made it a much longer area), selected my file i want to cut and pase and done "cut" but when i right clic on my new document to "paste" there is no option to do so.

Also i tried "edit" and the option for "paste" leads me on to a sub menue with >as new image, > as new selection> as new layer etc but they are all greyed out ie not available, arrrrghhhhh!

When you say you selected the file you want to cut and paste, it almost sounds like you did the file in explorer? All you should need to do is make your new image as you did, then for each source image do the following: open it in psp, go to edit, choose copy. Click on your bank image, do edit, paste, new selection. The source image should appear as a floating selection which you can drag to where you want. Go to selections, select none. Repeat for the others, should do the job!

Noodle

posted on 9/6/04 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a bundled program that came with my digicam - Canon Photostitch. I've used it a few times for landscapes.

If you think it might be useful, drop me a line.

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

locoboy

posted on 10/6/04 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the advice guys and the offers of help, i have managed to do it through trial and error and it looks quite impressive too.

Thanks again
Col

ATB
Locoboy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.