Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto EFI Quick questions
belgian2b

posted on 21/5/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto EFI Quick questions

Hello,

2 quick questions about accessories on a 2.0 EFI SOHC engine

1 . is it a problem if i fix the coil to the plate under the inlet manifold instead of fixing it to the chassis ?
2 . is it a problem if i mount the air flow meter upside down ? ( the air flow meter will stay horizontal)

Waiting for your replies .

Gerardo

jacko

posted on 21/5/12 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Number 1 i would say its a bad idea because of heat coming of the engine
number 2 sorry i don't know
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Autosri

posted on 21/5/12 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
i have my coil pack on my pinto mounted to a modded dissy and its fine basicaly cut the top off the dizzy leaving the shaft and gear in place and mount a plate on it and its fine

i dont think it would make any difference which way the airflow meter is mounter as its just a heater element normaly

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/5/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
My coil is mounted on the inlet plenum chamber, I am on my third one in 7 years

The airflow meter works on the spring loaded trap door principle, so I suspect if exactly inverted it would still work although I haven't tried this. I am sure it wouldn't work if mounted at 90° to its intended plane.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/5/12 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
like this

Rescued attachment Cramped.jpg
Rescued attachment Cramped.jpg

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

belgian2b

posted on 21/5/12 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for advices,

Gerardo

jollygreengiant

posted on 21/5/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Autosri
i dont think it would make any difference which way the airflow meter is mounter as its just a heater element normaly

Wrong the airflow meter on a pinto is a moving flap with NO heater element. However, so long as it is roughly horizontal in operation does not really matter. If anything upside down (with the black electronics cover uppermost) is/does make life easier, especially when it comes to recallibrating the the spring mechanism.

And for those of you who do not know how to do it or why to do it. ..........
The allen key adjuster should normally only need to be screwed out a maximum of 6 turns to achieve a mixture reading of 0.50 - 1.50 on a CO machine. With the adjuster screwed fully home you should get a maximum reading of 6.00

If the CO reading is high then (with the engine running) it is normally a simple matter of prising off the wedge shaped electrinics cover (held on with silicone), then with the mixture adjuster screwed fully in/rich, slowly adjust the large toothed plastic wheel (by releasing its spring loaded retaining pin) against the tension of the clock work spring until the CO reading comes down to 6.0 . Then when this figure is attained, unscrew the mixture adjuster to give a reading of between 0.50 and 1.50 CO on the emisions analyser, finally refitting the cover with a bead of silicone sealer.

JD.

oh and mine is running upside down at a slight downward angle.

Here we go, I knew I had a photo somewhere.

[Edited on 21/5/12 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

belgian2b

posted on 16/6/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

after seing the way Mark Allanson did his own airbox ( he send me a pdf file files with many details), i tried myself.

So here it is :

and

I still need to weld the depressure pipe for the fuel regulator, but i did not have the required pipe.

I also have to modifiy the way the gaz cable will actuate ( it will not be placed as on the picture , but it will come in the oposite way,from theback of the car if you understand what i mean), but this part is broken:

Do you know it's name ?

Does somebody have one lying around that i could buy ?

Gerardo

big_wasa

posted on 16/6/12 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
One name would be a throttle quadrant. You will only find another on a another Tb I would say.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.