Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch for 1.8 zetec to MT75 gearbox?
Matt_C

posted on 18/7/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch for 1.8 zetec to MT75 gearbox?

Hi, I have been reading quite a few posts on here about which clutch to use for a 1994 1.8 Zectec mated to an MT75 gearbox and I am getting a little confused on what exactly I need. Advice is needed from the collective.

I have read people recommending the 1.8 clutch or 2L clutch and that the flywheel should be replaced if using the 2L. I would prefer to not spend too much, so not to change the flywheel but need to make sure I have the correct combination for the job.

I also understand I need the MT75 clutch arm pin I have seen on the kitspars/GBS website. Is there any other parts I would require to mate the engine and gearbox?

Many thanks for all your help and advice,
Matt

big_wasa

posted on 18/7/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
You need a clutch from a 1.8 zetec that was fitted with the mtx75 gearbox as this will have a 220mm clutch with a 1" 23 spline drive clutch plate.

The thrust bearing is a long way away from the clutch cover.

options...

Westfield use a spacer on a new bearing.....= very dear

Gbs do the pin for a few quid.

You can drift the old pin out and tap the hole and fit a nut and bolt giving adjustmant

Westfield's bearing was the way to do it years ago but I would use the pin from Gbs if I was doing it again, or my version of .

[Edited on 18/7/12 by big_wasa]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.