Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Converting to megasquirt 1 v3.0?
rich201283

posted on 30/1/13 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Converting to megasquirt 1 v3.0?

Hi i am about to take the plunge to convert from megajolt and bike carbs to megasquirt 1 v3.0?

How hard is it to map and getting it to run correctly? The engine is a 2ltr zetec with the standard injectors.

Can i do away with the megajolt and use the megasquirt for the advance & retard?

Do i need the stimulator board?

matt_gsxr

posted on 31/1/13 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a wideband lambda (and controller) then not that hard getting it running correctly.

MS can control ignition with appropriate circuitry (you may need to run the MSExtra software and follow the instructions to add ignition components).

You don't need a stimulator board, but it does help and I would recommend that you get (or borrow) one.

scudderfish

posted on 31/1/13 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
If you're using megajolt does that mean you are also EDIS? If so, the MS1 can happily drive your EDIS module and you can leave all your current ignition wiring in place.
rich201283

posted on 1/2/13 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi im going to get the megasquirt off http://www.diyautotune.com/

It says the boared has got Direct Ignition coil driver is now on-board - Does this mean its got full ignition control?
Yes i plan to run the edis.

emwmarine

posted on 1/2/13 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
This guy is good.

http://www.megasquirtuk.co.uk/aboutus.html

I am getting my megasquirt from Eddie.

Building a Dax Rush.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 5/2/13 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rich201283
Hi im going to get the megasquirt off http://www.diyautotune.com/

It says the boared has got Direct Ignition coil driver is now on-board - Does this mean its got full ignition control?
Yes i plan to run the edis.

If the megasquirt has direct ignition drivers built in it means you do not need the EDIS.

All megasquirts have the ability to control the ignition timing, you should be able to hand copy the megajolt ignition timing table into the megaquirt ignition table within tunerstudio.

www.baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.