Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good customer experience - Parcel Monkey
bi22le

posted on 12/11/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Good customer experience - Parcel Monkey

Approx once a month a "which courier?" thread comes up.

Parcel Monkey is always recommended and following loosing my last rag with Royal mail I have been using Parcel Monkey with great value for money and success for the last year or so.

My most recent experience involved selling an ebay item. I used their website to get it collected and delivered and the site crashed on payment. I did the whole thing again and then the next day a guy turned up at the door expecting 2 parcels exactly the same to go to the same location. He obviously understood it was a mistake and cancelled one, took the item and all was good.

I was charged for the one that was cancelled and looking on parcel monkey there was no phone number. I thought "here we go, a fight to get £9 back!"

They use a "ticket" sustem which is like a U2U. They replied with speed, did not dig with un-neccisary questions and hey how I have got my money back.

I was a skeptic about this online query system, people never get back to you. This works though!!

So, thumbs up to parcel Monkey. Well done!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

daniel mason

posted on 12/11/13 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
i found them good too. usually use the parcelforce quote who are very good

FASTdan

posted on 13/11/13 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
I've started using them since I had THE WORST experience with parcel2go - NEVER EVER USE THEM!!!

So far so good. The website is quite speedy, shame there's no paypal payment option.

My one gripe with sites like this (same on P2G) is that you get an 'instant quote' which is fine, but there's no insurance values associated until you go through the full process. Therefore it is not ideal for upfront quoting and pricing purposes. I've been badly caught out by charging customers x amount upfront, then upon actually ordering the courier finding that to insure the package to its value increases the cost by up to 50%.

Parcel Force are generally ok, but they've cocked up a couple of my shipments big style, and its a real ball ache raising a claim.

I still use Royal mail for my small stuff, under 2kg and below £50 value they still come out cheapest.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.