Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: kitcar magazine!!!
jimmyjonga

posted on 24/1/05 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
kitcar magazine!!!

this subject has most likely been done before, but does anyone else get pee'd off with kitcar magazine??

this month they again go on about how much better thay are than which kit - and then print articles from 6 years ago.

is this just me or does anyone else feel the same way???

in future i think i will be buying just one kit car magaine - guess 'which' one it will be.....

james

(no connection to either magazine)

chick

posted on 24/1/05 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I know what you mean.

Both magazines are pretty poor though - they contain lots of inaccuracies, and very poorly researched articles.

They also never actually seem to test any of the
cars they "test" - take Which Kits road test of
the velocity they built. "Stunning" was the front
cover splash, but when you read the article it
was tested with a broken gearbox and without
the suspension being setup (or some such, I don't have the magazine here). How could they have
any real idea of the ability of the car?

Also still on which kits case, the build diary for the
Velocity was in a lot of places copied word for
word from the Luego build manual!

How about telling us what the manual didn't tell
you!

I keep on meaning to try out
www.totalkitcar.com
as the web site is pretty good.

Cheers,
Tim

jimmyjonga

posted on 24/1/05 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
i brought the last issue of total kit car and was impressed - ok so its nearly a fiver and quarterly but i thought it was well written, the paper 'feels' better and will def buy the next one - no squabbling either!!!

james

flak monkey

posted on 24/1/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I have Kit Car every month. Most months there is no bickering, just every now and again they bring it up again. I find it quite amusing to be honest.

There are a lot of adverts in Kit Car which can be useful when you are looking for bits and pieces.

Last month they tested the new MK car. Which was a good read.

The 6 year old articles are a running feature atm. They are about the Cobra kits, somthing the editor has in his heart I believe. (didnt he own Pilgrim Cars or something? And thats what the bickering is about too.)

No relation to any mag, but I enjoy reading Kit Car every month and some of the tech tips are interesting. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

DarrenW

posted on 24/1/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
What p****es me off the most is paying all that cash, waiting for the month to find it full of adverts and only one or two decent articles. PPC seems to do a better job than the kit mags at addressing the sort of articles most people will want to read.

There is a very smug person who builds stuff to a certain high standard that just jars a raw nerve in every article. Cant put my finger on why, but it just does. The Ultima was nice and im sure the Cobra will be too but level of perfection just reaches that unachievable / why bother point.

Im almost at the point of not bothering with the kit mags now. They are cheap though seeing as my mother buys them for my father who passes it onto me within a few days

barrie sharp

posted on 24/1/05 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

TextThere are a lot of adverts in Kit Car which can be useful when you are looking for bits and pieces.

Have you counted how many there are in the last two issues!!!!!I would estimate at least 75% adds
I have been buying Kit Car for a long time and have slowly noticed the adds getting more and the articals less . havent they launched a cobra mag so why not put the cobra stuff in there and only have small pieces about them in Kit Car as for the bickering why worry about the rest if yours is the best get on with it.
Think i,ll write a letter to them now you lot have got me started

I have no connection with any mag i only pay for and read them
Rant over

Looks like darrenw beat me to it!!

[Edited on 24/1/05 by barrie sharp]

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

ned

posted on 24/1/05 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a subscrition to which kit at satafford last year, though i won't be renewing it, as said too many ads, and the articles that are of interest never go into enough detail about want you want ot read, ie about how to sort a problem out, without glossing over x,y,z like a haynes manual. I've been buying ppc and it is a much better read, even if the articles aren't at all relevant, they're much more interesting and enjoyable to read.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 24/1/05 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Although it doesn't effect the content of the magazines, i think Which Kit Car has a much more professional layout than Kit Car

[Edited on 24/1/05 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
subk2002

posted on 24/1/05 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have stopped buying them i just have a quick flick through them in the shop

But i would say Which kit is the better of the two

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.