Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: veypor Vr2 pretty good?
zxrlocost

posted on 12/9/06 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
veypor Vr2 pretty good?

hi

any reviews on the above they seem to do nearly everything

Im looking at getting one as Im not bothered about warning lights aswell etc

ta chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Guinness

posted on 12/9/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
I have one, it's a very cool toy.

I'm using a Veypor VR2. 'Tis a good bit of kit, with several functions:-

Tacho, speedo, distance travelled, gear indicator, shift light and g meter.

They also regularly update the software adding new features. They have just added a virtual fuel gauge (with MPG, range etc) and a servicing timer which you can programme to come up on hours engine run or miles. Last update also added 4-5 different options on the display.

However it does not monitor:-

engine water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, volts, amps, etc, so you would need additional dials to cover them.

You also need the regulation warning lights, indicators, hazard, brake fluid etc, so I have a bright6 too.

I always intended fitting the 3 gauge set from NFAuto once I'd passed the SVA, but have fitted some others off ebay now.

It does however have some cool features though, data logging, 0-60 runs, staged 1/4 miles, 50-70 timer, 70-0 timer.

The V-Max feature on mine seems to be broken, either that or perhaps I picked up one of Darrens missing magnets, cause mine was showing 125 on the return from Stoneleigh.

HTH

Cheers

Mike

zxrlocost

posted on 12/9/06 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
ok wicked does it measure a not far out bhp aswell
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

StevieB

posted on 12/9/06 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Will not using the R1 clocks be a problem? I'd read somewhere that a few people had problems because there's some computer wizardy in the clocks that are required (and some people saying the opposite).

I'd be interested in fitting a VR2 to my own R1 Indy - looks superb and nicely sized as well

zxrlocost

posted on 12/9/06 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
no sorry mate I now have a stripped out metro VVC

and was looking for a nice dash

the r1 clocks with a white dial look fantastic I think

DarrenW

posted on 12/9/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness

The V-Max feature on mine seems to be broken, either that or perhaps I picked up one of Darrens missing magnets, cause mine was showing 125 on the return from Stoneleigh.

Nice one Mike - well remembered.
I was seriously considering the Veypor unit but in the end opted for the all in one unit instead (ETB) which i like a lot.

Guinness

posted on 12/9/06 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

ok wicked does it measure a not far out bhp aswell

it also does drag and loads of other stuff too, but you need a private runway to calibrate it! try doing a roll down from 70 to 0 on public roads!

i still haven't got mine to show me which gear i'm in. need someone else to calibrate while i drive!

mike

k33ts

posted on 12/9/06 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
very good piece of kit also has a vertual fuel gauge

looks good flush fitted takes a bit of work though!

tukcustoms.com

k33ts

posted on 12/9/06 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
/

tukcustoms.com

zxrlocost

posted on 13/9/06 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
looks good

can it not be screwed apart in half then jigsaw a hole in the dash then put the the thing back together with the dash in the middle

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.