Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FuelCat
Rek

posted on 20/10/06 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
FuelCat

DO these things work, Has anyone used one?

Link to ebay Item

Jon Ison

posted on 20/10/06 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Never used one but would be worried about the claims made.

RazMan

posted on 20/10/06 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
I was sceptical about these things but when leaded petrol was phazed out my wife's Honda CRX was having problems as it was designed for leaded only.
I was at a car show and saw a demo of a similar product and decided to give it a go. The car did another 50k miles with no problems despite all the warnings of valve seats burning and detonation melting the pistons.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 20/10/06 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
I was sceptical about these things but when leaded petrol was phazed out my wife's Honda CRX was having problems as it was designed for leaded only.
I was at a car show and saw a demo of a similar product and decided to give it a go. The car did another 50k miles with no problems despite all the warnings of valve seats burning and detonation melting the pistons.

and probably you would have done 50k miles without the damn thing - can you prove otherwise?

When I had an MGB and leaded was about to be phased out, there was lot's of discussion in the owners club about these and basically the bottom line was to run your engine on unleaded then fit inserts to your head when it needed doing. Ideas such as throwing lead shot into your tank, amongst others, abounded..... later those magnet fuel conditioner came along with unsubstantiated claims and the cyclone intake thingy ..... all BS unless proven otherwise; and still waiting for proof.

save the money to having inserts fitted..

[Edited on 20/10/06 by 02GF74]

MikeRJ

posted on 20/10/06 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Surely the CRX would have had an alloy head anyway with hard valve inserts?

Generaly speaking ANYTHING like this that claims to cure/improve almost every aspect of an engine is utter tripe. The metal alloy compounds that are used are simply not soluable in petrol. The lead in 4 star fuel was Tetra-ethyl lead which is a colourless liquid, not lumps of metal alloy.

If you follow the link back to the fuelcat website it is a veritable aladins cave of snake oil, including the stupid Spitfire Multi-Spark. Eveyone must have seen the demonstrations for this piece of crap, they turn up to most classic and kit car shows.

40inches

posted on 20/10/06 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting article here http://www.oft.gov.uk/News/Press+releases/2000/PN+42-00.htm
RazMan

posted on 20/10/06 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like I was had then!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Noodle

posted on 20/10/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I thought the Japs had been unleaded since the early 70's in line with the USA?

I agree with the sentiments expressed by other posters - It's all bullshit.

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

02GF74

posted on 20/10/06 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Looks like I was had then!

gazza285

posted on 20/10/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.