Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Robin hood clearance sale.........
Jon Ison

posted on 15/1/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Robin hood clearance sale.........

Called in today too pick some polished stainless up for side panel, they are having a clearance sale of parts, you name it its for sale from a bulb too a car.

No, there not selling up, actually was very impressed with a lot of what I was shown, dash board developments, cars etc, the service was second too none too.

The lightweight in question was there so had a prod around that too, will keep my opinions too myself on that one for fear of starting yet another debate on it, suffice too say it may be wise not too comment on the car in question till you have seen it yourself.

Anyway, get down there from Wednesday on, some genuine bargains too be had for the locost or other mark builder.

BenB

posted on 15/1/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Have they stopped using toilet roll tubes for roll bars

Each to their own but at my SVA the examiner had inspected a few lightweights in the months before and explained a few of their special design features.... Scary....

I feel sorry for people who have paid good money for the kit though. To be stuck in a situation where VOSA basically say "no way" to your pride and joy sucks... I suppose a good reason not to buy a kit unless the manafacturer has put one through SVA succesfully.

Jon Ison

posted on 15/1/07 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know the ins and outs of it all, I may be quoting out of turn but was told there are 5 sva'd now, they have modded the tub ?

IMHO the one in question would and should have failed SVA for plenty of reasons, there, now you made me say it. Go look and make your own mind up.

Some of the developments I saw, was shown will make a few manufactures think they may have too play catch up, was genuinely impressed and I have zero affiliation too them whatsoever.

diyer

posted on 15/1/07 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Jon,

I saw that car months ago.

It really was a disgraceful build, that car was nailed together. It should never of been presented to the SVA man.

Simon

Hug a Hoodie!

scotmac

posted on 18/1/07 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
I don't know the ins and outs of it all, I may be quoting out of turn but was told there are 5 sva'd now, they have modded the tub ?

IMHO the one in question would and should have failed SVA for plenty of reasons, there, now you made me say it. Go look and make your own mind up.

Some of the developments I saw, was shown will make a few manufactures think they may have too play catch up, was genuinely impressed and I have zero affiliation too them whatsoever.

RH *had* put one through SVA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.