Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What van for collecting kit?
TimC

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
What van for collecting kit?

Collect my MNR on the 2nd.

Should I go for a LWB Sprinter or will a LWB transit do the job?

Ta

PeterW

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sprinter...

Or if you can get one, the Iveco LWB, cos you can get a small town in the back of one of those..!

Pete

numnuts

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Collected mine in a standard sprinter, no problem at all ! The four hour drive each way was not as much fun though .
mike smith1

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by numnuts
Collected mine in a standard sprinter, no problem at all ! The four hour drive each way was not as much fun though .

Thats why i would say a transit, we have new ones at work and they are so easy and nice to drive

Mike

TimC

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sprinter it is. £120 - £130 seems about right for 48 hours (will pick up the day before).

Anyone know a better source?

James

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by numnuts

Think yourself lucky... I went with Conrod when he collected his MK.... in the back of an old Ambulance!!!

It wouldn't go above 50 either!!!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Hammerhead

posted on 19/1/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
i just moved house and rather than mess around with hiring a trailer and a car with a tow bar. I used a luton van. My car is a rolling chassis and I had 1" either side of the rear tyres. Lucky!! It was quite heavy.

BenB

posted on 19/1/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yup. Rented a Luton for my house move. Bloody massive in there..... Paid about £100 for three days hire from a cheap van hire place in Nottingham....
shades

posted on 19/1/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I used an IVECO LWB

Thanks
Adrian

Danozeman

posted on 20/1/07 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Id go with the sprinter or iveco daily lwb. You can never have too much room, but that said, a luton would be too big for your need.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

chockymonster

posted on 20/1/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I hired a LWB transit but it turned out to be a MWB. We found this out at MNR but everything still fitted. It was a joy to drive though, economical too. We cruised back at 75 without a trouble. I'm not sure if the xbox helped pass the time as passenger though
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 20/1/07 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
also, we picked the van up on the monday evening at 5 and had it back by 4 on the tuesday so only 1 day rental. I'm not sure if you can do it the same though but your journey should be about the same as mine

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.