Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car alarm sensitivity
Jon Ison

posted on 28/5/02 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Car alarm sensitivity

went to work in pride n joy today, well sun was shining at 7am this morning and i had just fitted a "race can" so i wanted to listen to it....anyway at play time i took a few out for a blast, the funnything was when i got back from taking the 1st one out i was met by a crowd (well 2) angry car owners who's car alarms i had set off as i pulled away.......was it me or do there alarms need looking at ????
ChrisW

posted on 28/5/02 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Used to do that all the time in my XR2000. People do tend to get wound up about it!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 29/5/02 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
Best case I've experienced was in the long-term car park at Heathrow airport (the one that runs parallel to the runway).

I was just walking away from my car when Concorde took off... several hundred car alarms went off! According to the man at the gate, this happened several times a day, every time a Concorde left - it's a wonder that these cars had any battery left after a 2-week holiday.

David

James

posted on 29/5/02 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
I remember it happening at an airshow once- a Lightning had done this amazing low fly past that nearly deafened the lot of us and screamed off into the horizon after which there was nothing but a deadly hush and the sound of hundreds of car alarms in the distance.

Cool!

James

john_s

posted on 29/5/02 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
quote:
I remember it happening at an airshow once- a Lightning had done this amazing low fly past that nearly deafened the lot of us and screamed off into the horizon after which there was nothing but a deadly hush and the sound of hundreds of car alarms in the distance

I went to farnborough airshow one year, and there were car alarms going off with pretty much every pass of the fast jets, and especially the noisy Russian beasts like the MiG29 & Su27.

John

--
John Singleton

Metal Hippy™

posted on 29/5/02 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
The best plane for that is the American B1-B Lancer bomber.

Huge thing with huge engines. Very loud indeed.

That's a car alarm setter-offer, trust me. RAF Waddington Airshow is a good source of useless info like that.

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Dazza

posted on 2/6/02 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
all the old ones will do it, and some of the new ones to. I used to install em, there is no way to stop it really, so just smile or hit em!!!!!!!!

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jmbillings

posted on 8/6/02 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I think its just the vibration sensors a lot of alarms use- basically a piezo buzzer thing with a weigh on a spring on it. vibration makes the weight move, which generates a current in the piezo thingy, setting the alarm off.
Any loud noise will cause vibration somewhere (i.e. my car stereo makes the mirrors vibrate when turned up) and likewise, your zorst made the pizeo weight wobble, as do all these planes! Nowt they can do except sometimes it is adjustable.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.