Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: North Yorkshire Meet (revised date) This sunday..
marco

posted on 29/8/07 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
North Yorkshire Meet (revised date) This sunday..

As the darker nights are drawing near I want to change this meet to a weekend day on a regular bassis to try and attract more attendees who have to travel a little further to come along. First Sunday of the month from now on rather than first wednesday.

So those who can make it this Sunday 2nd Sept to the already mentioned venue Sutton Under Whitestone Cliffe at the bottom of Sutton Bank..(see link) please sign in
http://www.whitestonecliffeinn.co.uk/

The venue is a nice country pub with ample rear car parking for probably 40 cars. There is seating outside next to the car park area, good food and drink for those who need fuel....

Lets say from 1PM onwards, people can come and go as they please and there are some fantastic roads in the area far a blatt out if any one wants.
I would hope this venue suits owners and builders from both north and south of the area..

Sign in Below if you can make it

1.Marco- Mk Indy ZX9

roadrunner

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe.

jacko

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe me too
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately weekend meets count me out. Too busy with family / property development projects.

'Tis a good idea though. Nice area for a blat as well. The run to Helmsley and then up towards Carlton in Cleveland is very nice. The Ketton Ox is worth calling in for a juice. Just watch out for unmarked cars on those roads at weekends - its a popular biker run.

Robert Ryan

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Should be ok for me and Bill,
skippad

posted on 30/8/07 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
A maybe....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bigheppy

posted on 30/8/07 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
sunday meet

Hi Folks just registered. I find the site very informative well done all. Are all types of kits welcome, I have a magenta LSR and would like to meet like minded people.
Does anyone want a bosch electronic dizzy for a crossflow. Ford spares on Hessle Rd in Hull had 3 a couple of weeks ago. they were very helpful sorry dont have a phone number will try to get next time im in hull

marco

posted on 30/8/07 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome on board....

Everyone is welcome along, more the better even if your car isn't built yet its good to see what others have done..

Bigheppy

posted on 30/8/07 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks I will try to get there on sunday. The car has had a chassis rebuild, and is now onthe road still the body to do and possibly a gearbox rebuild
jacko

posted on 1/9/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Marco is the meeting still on i will be coming if the weather is OK and there is on problems
Jacko

marco

posted on 1/9/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Jacko

Its still on for as many as can make it, looks like the weather could be on our side, hopefully......

jacko

posted on 2/9/07 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to meet up Names to faces and all that
Jacko

ruskino80

posted on 2/9/07 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
yes nice to meet you jacko all be it briefly,after you left we went for a short drive but lost greg in the new mnr-hope he got back ok??
cheers rich

[Edited on 2/9/07 by ruskino80]

jacko

posted on 2/9/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
1 up for the MK boy's lets hope he is ok
Jacko

kipper

posted on 2/9/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
It was good to meet all who attended and as Jacko said put names to faces.
I had a good day out and managed to stay dry all the way back to my base but as soon as I set off for home after putting the flying machine away the heavens opened.
Hope you all stayed dry.
When is the next one?
Thanks to Marco for making it possible.
Regards Kipper.

GregMcN

posted on 2/9/07 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Lost Greg

Only had fist gear when I came out of the pub carpark so decided to abort run up the bank and head home. Problem was the clutch, tried to drive without it but could not get out of 1st - too far at 35mph and 7000revs! so found somewhere to park up and managed to adjust the clutch cable enough to get me home.

Cheers Greg

marco

posted on 2/9/07 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
was good to meet a few different faces to last months venue and at least the rain held off.

pics of those that came...

marco

posted on 2/9/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Bigheppy i see the likeness......

maybe red wheels for an upgrade?

jacko

posted on 2/9/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GregMcN
Only had fist gear when I came out of the pub carpark so decided to abort run up the bank and head home. Problem was the clutch, tried to drive without it but could not get out of 1st - too far at 35mph and 7000revs! so found somewhere to park up and managed to adjust the clutch cable enough to get me home.

Cheers Greg

Sorry to hear about the clutch glad you got home ok hope to meet you agane Jacko

Bigheppy

posted on 3/9/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Brum

You've caught me , secret plans to emulate a classic icon, on the look out for a set of minilites in red and a brass grill.
seriously tho enjoyed the day thanks to all who made us feel welcome. shame about the rain it caught us 8 miles from home

Coose

posted on 4/9/07 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigheppy
You've caught me , secret plans to emulate a classic icon, on the look out for a set of minilites in red and a brass grill.
seriously tho enjoyed the day thanks to all who made us feel welcome. shame about the rain it caught us 8 miles from home

Just wait until Owelly sees your car - it must be one of the very few Magentas that he hasn't owned!

He was born in the village where they were made, hence his strange Magenta affliction....

[Edited on 4/9/07 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.