Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: November can still be fun
ash_hammond

posted on 11/11/07 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
November can still be fun

Had a dry day so decided to do a few miles, was a little nippy still fun fun fun..... Roll on summer.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

bigrich

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
brave man Ash, it was kin freezin today

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Simon

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cool, a Locost with a Dickie seat

ATB

Simon

coozer

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
MY GOD, HOW SCARY IS THAT!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Confused but excited.

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Quote: "November can still be fun"

True, I met two guys on Saturday morning in Amlwch (Father and son I think) who were out and about in a really nicely prepared yellow and blue Tiger.
2.0L Zetec, hot cams and twin Weber 45s.
They had red noses but really big grins!
Fired up the enthusiasm all over again.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

russbost

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a really cr*p week for about a dozen different reasons I won't bore you with ..........................................
Went out for a blat this morning, started to rain just as I got the beast out of the garage, but thought, "what the Hell things can only get better" & went out anyway - BIG sideways moments b4 the road started to dry out, (it had stopped raining) then the scream of 2 Kwakka thou's & watching the jaws drop as a flash of red & white went by
Did I have a good time - let's say I'm still grinning from ear to ear - November is OK by me!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Shamrock GS

posted on 11/11/07 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
I was out this afternoon with thermals, full motor-cycle leathers and a warm but silly looking hat - still freezing but fab fun. Will have to look at some sort of side screen deflector for the wind blast as my right eye looks like Er-indoors has taken a swing.

Can't beat it though!

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

RazMan

posted on 12/11/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
You Norvern blokes certainly get a raw deal on the weather don't you.

Darn sarf is still lovely but if if it gets any colder I might have to turn my heater on

Ash, who's the Telly Tubby driving your car?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 12/11/07 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
The person in the yellow romper suit looks dead happy!!

I was out on both days, waited until roads dried up on Sunday though but still managed to get caught up in a light shower.

Also wanted to verify carbs are running ok - which they are, thanks for asking and to take photos for insurance.

Will be off the road for a bit whilst I fit the speedo and sort out the lights plus some other bits and pieces.

Those who have been paying attention will see that in the end I decided to leave colour as red, which doesn't quite match as this was considerably less effort than repainting the lot in orange. Maybe another time.... Rescued attachment DSC03346.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC03346.JPG

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.