Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: £1.99 aeroscreen
Paul (Notts)

posted on 27/3/08 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
£1.99 aeroscreen

Made a simple aeroscreen today from a bmw motorbike front screen. Total cost £1.99

Completely changes the driving experience in the car. Before I found it hard to see over 20mph with just my glasses on as my eyes started to water. With a helmet on at 70+ I could feel the air flow trying to lift my helmet if I raised my head or turned sideways a little.

Now I can pop about at 40mph with just my glasses and at high speed with the helmet on I can feel the air flow hitting the top of the helmet and pushing down slightly, + I can have my visor part open.

Very pleased wit it as I could not afford to bu a proper aeroscreen.

Paul Rescued attachment new 010.jpg
Rescued attachment new 010.jpg

roadrunner

posted on 27/3/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice and tidy Paul, i have noticed a few people of late going down this line and i quite like the idea of having two defletors, what would be the best bike deflector for this job.

twybrow

posted on 27/3/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Good job sir. It looks good. How is it attached?

Jimbob

posted on 27/3/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Now thats got me thinking. To the local breakers to see what will work best!
jlparsons

posted on 27/3/08 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Looks a treat that, couldn't buy better purpose built. Perhaps an oportunity for someone to source the part from the manufacturer and flog them on to the rest of us...?

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

nitram38

posted on 27/3/08 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
You lot are just copy cats !

Description
Description

Puk

posted on 27/3/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Nice aero screens, and you saved money by using a cardboard scuttle too. Uncle Ron would be proud.

Before you judge a guy, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you judge him, you're a mile a way and you've nicked his shoes.

ruskino80

posted on 27/3/08 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
hi paul do you mind me asking about your bonnet catches,i can just see them in one of your photos and i like the look of them.cheers rich
02GF74

posted on 28/3/08 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Completely changes the driving experience in the car. Before I found it hard to see over 20mph with just my glasses on as my eyes started to water. With a helmet on at 70+ I could feel the air flow trying to lift my helmet if I raised my head or turned sideways a little.

Now I can pop about at 40mph with just my glasses and at high speed with the helmet on I can feel the air flow hitting the top of the helmet and pushing down slightly

nice one

it it surprising how much air get deflected - you can drive along and stick your arm out to feel the force of the air so can find out where the envelope is.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.