Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renault Meganne
brynhamlet

posted on 23/4/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Renault Meganne

My wifes driver door electric window on the above type has packed in. She's been told the mechanism needs replacing in total. G*d knows how much that is.
I haven't been able to look at it and when the RAC man came to get the window to go up, she didn't bother looking at what he was doing.
Do we have any bright person on here who can help me with a Locost solution. It appears it is not the motor, but something to do with the mechanism

DarrenW

posted on 23/4/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
This may not be the full solution and a little off topic but a work colleague had a rear wiper on his Merc pack in. New one was a squillion quid. All it needed was a strip down and thourough clean of the mechanism to get it going again. Is it possible the Renault mechanism could similarly be gunged or rusted up? In theory you should be able to remove motor and check this is OK, which would then suggest its just the mechanical bits at fault.

matt.c

posted on 23/4/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
If its not the motor then it will probably be the cables and runners at fault. They may have just fell of the rollers but in most cases the wire gets caught then gets in a right tangle ie messed up big time and the whole lot needs replacing. It might come all together in one piece with the motor as well, so thats why it costs a few quid.

Hope this helps.

[Edited on 23/4/08 by matt.c]

brynhamlet

posted on 23/4/08 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
If its not the motor then it will probably be the cables and runners at fault. They may have just fell of the rollers but in most cases the wire gets caught then gets in a right tangle ie messed up big time and the whole lot needs replacing. It might come all together in one piece with the motor as well, so thats why it costs a few quid.

Sounds about what the RAC man said. Is it a bowden type cable, in which case I should be able to get one made up and sort the whole lot myself.

rusty nuts

posted on 23/4/08 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look on ebay , normally not to much money.
JEPY

posted on 23/4/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
We had two window regulators fail on my wifes Megane. Fortunately, both under warranty !
vyperstrype

posted on 23/4/08 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
window cables

Just recieved a cable kit off e bay, a new one to replace the old one which failed recently. The cable has a habit of snapping, and is usually the most common cause. The company is called E Crofting and advertises on e bay. The new cable is stainless steel and they E Mail you full fitting instructions. It`s not a job for the faint hearted. By the way the kit has a buy it now price for £20.00.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.