Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what brakes
dyntan

posted on 12/7/08 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
what brakes

i'm at the stage of considering what to do about brakes.
do i go for master cylinder with remote reservoir or down the servo assisted route. what do i go for in the way of pedal box.
where do i get this stuff from.
any advice and photo's much appreciated.
paul

Ian D

posted on 13/7/08 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look in my photos. its one solution and im sure there are many others. Not having a servo was strange at first but once you get used to it the brakes are fine. Once thing to look at is the mechanical advantage you gain with a longer brake pedal. Hope this helps.
Ian.

tomblyth

posted on 13/7/08 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
photos of my brakes are in the photo gallery vauxhall astra (mk5) alloy rears and hi spec fronts . had to weld up the holes and redrill for the rears but I think the results are worth it also used handbrake cables which came from Hein Gerick the motorbike shop! (2.5mm Dia Clutch cables) wil sort part numbers for the cables if you need them (u2u me) sierra master cylinder is fine and less hassel than balencer bars a servo is not needed on light cars like these!

look at chris gibbs book the pedel i think is like mk sportscars although I dont think they would be hard to make!

[Edited on 13/7/08 by tomblyth]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.