Author: Subject: Top 10 Best Driving Roads
James

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Top 10 Best Driving Roads

As voted by Caterham drivers...:

http://msnukcars.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!9147D27F85A04C56!4019.entry

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Jon Ison

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
And this is whats waiting for you on the top two roads.........

James

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
An abandoned transit van?

Maybe someone can whip the drag links off it whilst it's sitting there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

AndyGT

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
sneeky buggers!!

Been living in France for 3 years and last time I saw a radar trap it was a ford galaxy police car with the boot open and a whopping big sign telling you they are taking photos.

How things have changed.... Rescued attachment arton3609.jpg
Rescued attachment arton3609.jpg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting they're mostly 'oop north'.

I'm sure I read a Clarkson article once where he reckoned people often told him there was no point having a nice car now as there was nowhere to drive... he reckoned he could tell someone somewhere decent to drive anywhere in the country! Will have to mail his Sunday Times address to ask for somewhere in the South East!

Cheers,
James

stevebubs

posted on 12/9/08 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Interesting they're mostly 'oop north'.

I'm sure I read a Clarkson article once where he reckoned people often told him there was no point having a nice car now as there was nowhere to drive... he reckoned he could tell someone somewhere decent to drive anywhere in the country! Will have to mail his Sunday Times address to ask for somewhere in the South East!

Cheers,
James

Easy... France....

D Beddows

posted on 12/9/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Snake Pass and Cat & Fiddle....... yes very good APART from the fact that every weekend they are both full of complete t*ssers intent on proving how much of a driving god they are
BenB

posted on 12/9/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
A trip to ROI is highly recommended!!! Nice roads over there....

I think there's one speed camera. And that's in Dublin town centre (okay things might have changed!!!)....

Andi

posted on 12/9/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Scared of a Ka?

As wrote in the comments sectionHardknott Pass in Cumbria is by far the most fun road I have been on!! Bombing along the pass in a Sport KA having a blast whilst looking at the scared faces of 4x4 drivers...can't beat it!!

Why?????

ReMan

posted on 12/9/08 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I love the Hardnott pass, but I would'nt want to be too bombing in a car with no ABS, roof, or reverse
nick205

posted on 12/9/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
A57 (Snake Pass)is just sublime whenever you get the chance (it's also a great cycling route too). Late spring evenings when it's still fairly cold (not too many bikers) is the best time of year.

I've even organised client visits in the north west and "made time" for a quick wang over the pass on the way home

pif

posted on 12/9/08 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
couldnt be better for me, snake pass is a mile from home and cat and fiddle is my daily commute

been a bit of a rush job really, bodged it all together in just 5 1/2 years.

gingerprince

posted on 15/9/08 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I went for a play on the Ingleton->Hawes road yesterday evening. 155 mile round trip from Leeds to a closed cheese shop Great piece of road, just a couple of scary dips in the road where you cringe for the survival of your sump! That and the sheep. Why is it that you can't make sheep "jump" even by cutting the ignition and making an enormous backfire Stoopid docile things...

On the way out of Hawes there's one of them signs that tells you how many people have copped it in the last year - that's usually a sure sign of a great drivers road

[Edited on 15/9/08 by gingerprince]

Mtrhd0024

posted on 17/9/08 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Okay so its not in the UK, but its possibly one of the best driving roads in the entire world, and its only an hour from my old house in America. We used to take the MX-5 and all the motorbike's up there.

Its called the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap, North Carolina. For those of you havent heard of it before, there are 318 corners in 11 miles of beautiful mountain roads. All beautifully maintained as well. Its absolute driving heaven!

Yes us Yanks do like corners

scutter

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
It seems the south is very light on driving roads

As for No.9 the road from Lyndhurst to Christchurch is rubbish. Fine I feel it's my duty to go out and find some great driving roads around Oxfordshire

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.