Board logo

Maxi Ball joint dimensions?
madman280 - 18/4/05 at 01:29 AM

Does anyone know the dimensions of the maxi lower ball joint? I'm looking for the taper, the size of the smaller diameter at the top of the hole in the spindle, the diameter at the lower large hole, the thickness of spindle that the ball joint taper fits into, the thread size, and lastly the distance from any point to the center of the ball pivot point. I've searched he archives and can't seem to find all of this. I'm sure someone who has done a bot of suspension design must know these dimensions.

Rorty - 18/4/05 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by madman280
Does anyone know the dimensions of the maxi lower ball joint? I'm looking for the taper, the size of the smaller diameter at the top of the hole in the spindle, the diameter at the lower large hole, the thickness of spindle that the ball joint taper fits into, the thread size, and lastly the distance from any point to the center of the ball pivot point. I've searched he archives and can't seem to find all of this. I'm sure someone who has done a bot of suspension design must know these dimensions.

Which spindle are you referring to..Maxi or Cortina or other?
If it's Cortina, I can provide all the dimensions you need.

madman280 - 18/4/05 at 07:28 PM

I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the two were interchangable. So the cortina spindle dimensions would be great thanks

Rorty - 18/4/05 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman280
I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the two were interchangable. So the cortina spindle dimensions would be great thanks

The maxi balljoint will fit the Cortina upright, but I doubt if its socket dimensions match the Maxi ones.
Anyway, let me know your email address and I'll send you the file you want.

madman280 - 18/4/05 at 10:32 PM

Thanks Rorty,

I'll send you a u2u with my email address.

CJ

dnmalc - 5/5/05 at 05:14 AM

Rorty, I too would be interested in the dimensions so if you could u2u me the information I would be grateful

Thanks
:

dnmalc - 5/5/05 at 05:15 AM

Rorty, I too would be interested in the dimensions so if you could u2u me the information I would be grateful

Thanks
:

Rorty - 5/5/05 at 05:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dnmalc

Thanks
:

I would need your email. I've uploaded them to my archive instead (Maxi balljoint dimensions 01 & 02).