Board logo

Any one able to transport my car?
Eternal - 19/9/12 at 07:36 PM

I don't suppose anyone is able to transport my part built car from Bournemouth to Keynsham (between Bath and Bristol) If so how much would they charge? I currently don't have a tow hook or a trailer only option is to try and fit it in a 3.5t Luton.....again...... lol or try and find some other way.

I'm off work this weekend ideally Sunday and also next weekend and next Friday.

Let me know costs ect thanks a load!

Alex

Staple balls - 19/9/12 at 11:13 PM

When I moved mine (from Leicester to west wales) it worked out cheapest/easiest to hire a car transporter. Was about £100/day plus mileage, and drivable on a normal license (the transporter I used weighed about 2T, allowing for a ~1.5T load, plenty for a seven).

Only downside is it's pretty difficult to get all the related stuff on a car transporter.

cloudy - 20/9/12 at 07:09 AM

Big recommendation for www.shiply.com, it'll put you in touch with small transport companies who will quote en mass. Have used many times for various items and once for a car transport

designer - 20/9/12 at 07:42 AM

www.shiply.com, used it many times, even UK/France and never been disappointed.

marcjagman - 20/9/12 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
When I moved mine (from Leicester to west wales) it worked out cheapest/easiest to hire a car transporter. Was about £100/day plus mileage, and drivable on a normal license (the transporter I used weighed about 2T, allowing for a ~1.5T load, plenty for a seven).

Only downside is it's pretty difficult to get all the related stuff on a car transporter.

I wanted to hire a transporter 3 weeks ago and was quoted £320 for the day so £100 plus mileage was a steal.

Staple balls - 20/9/12 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls

I wanted to hire a transporter 3 weeks ago and was quoted £320 for the day so £100 plus mileage was a steal.

Oddly enough I got similar quotes in Leicester and Aberystwyth, both smallish independent places.

TimC - 20/9/12 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman

Ah, welcome back! Any chance of you reading your U2Us and forwarding my money?

probablyleon - 20/9/12 at 02:20 PM

I have a single axle trailer in Bath you're welcome to borrow if you can find a tow car

Eternal - 20/9/12 at 03:54 PM

Thanks everyone! Lots of great advice.

probablyleon: Have access to a tow car so that's fantastic! If available think i might be able to use it friday evening and bring it back sunday? If not this week next weekend

probablyleon - 20/9/12 at 04:13 PM

Great. U2U me and we can iron out the details. Maybe include your phone number as well