Board logo

First Start - Vortx R1
spdpug98 - 9/3/09 at 08:50 AM

After a long time working on the engine electrics we eventually found the problem, it was the tail light connector block (!!!!) we shorted this out and SHE LIVES!!!

I promised myself I wouldn't video the first start......but I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPz3j3DglBA

A big thanks to everyone who has helped and given advice on what the problems could of been

Thanks

Dave

P ? - 9/3/09 at 09:01 AM

the first start is the best

Davey D - 9/3/09 at 09:29 AM

Well done!

Does this mean if your tail light ever blows, then the engine will cut out?

spdpug98 - 9/3/09 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Well done!

Does this mean if your tail light ever blows, then the engine will cut out?

That's exactly what we where thinking yesterday, wouldn't like to be riding a bike and the engine cut out

Luckily we are using the MNR loom for the main electrics, so no need for the rear tail light

Pdlewis - 9/3/09 at 10:07 AM

Brilliant cant beat that feeling!!! Wait for the first drive its awsome

bassett - 9/3/09 at 10:50 AM

Really good to hear you go it sorted - usually something stupid, i remember all our lights wouldnt work because the hidden number plate light wires were earthing took us 4 fuses to find out

corrado vr6 - 9/3/09 at 12:55 PM

Well done mate!! Knew you'd get there, bet it was frustrating times, who'd have thought it'd be the taillights tho!

MK chippy - 9/3/09 at 02:35 PM

Nice 1 mate! 1st start=1st drive down that little road of yours?

spdpug98 - 9/3/09 at 04:31 PM

Now looking forward to the 1st drive!!

Davey D - 10/3/09 at 11:31 AM

I chopped all the wiring for the lights out of my R1 loom just leaving the bits that run the engine, and clocks.

i then used the MNR loom for just the lighting

spdpug98 - 10/3/09 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
I chopped all the wiring for the lights out of my R1 loom just leaving the bits that run the engine, and clocks.

i then used the MNR loom for just the lighting

I'm doing the same, only bits now left in the R1 loom are purely for the engine.

Hoping to get all the switches and lights connected this weekend and then hopefully the end is in sight.....although I keep thinking I must of missed something!

iain b - 10/3/09 at 08:08 PM

it may be a mad rush for u all intime for sva but just think how many cars will be on the roads this year.you ll get sick of seeing kit cars.