Board logo

London parking
iiyama - 3/3/09 at 07:25 PM

Guys, Im going into London on short notice tomorrow. Would like to park outside the congestion zone and Im heading into Drury lane.

Parking suggestions please!

omega0684 - 3/3/09 at 07:36 PM

see if the muffin man will let you park on his drive

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 07:38 PM

Of course! I like your thinking!!

spdpug98 - 3/3/09 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iiyama
Guys, Im going into London on short notice tomorrow. Would like to park outside the congestion zone and Im heading into Drury lane.

Parking suggestions please!

Was going to pop round and see you tomorrow, think i'll leave it till later in the week

Can't help with the parking, apart from that I would usually get the train from Southampton Airport Parkway, only an hour to Waterloo

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 07:45 PM

Gotta drop through Frimely on the way up....

Definatly around Thursday, not sure about friday. Did I PM you my number???

nstrug - 3/3/09 at 07:48 PM

Swanwick station carpark - only two hours to Waterloo, then half an hour walk, or get the tube to Covent Garden.

Alternatively, Morden and Wimbledon tube stations have carparks.

Nick

spdpug98 - 3/3/09 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Gotta drop through Frimely on the way up....

Definatly around Thursday, not sure about friday. Did I PM you my number???

I will try and pop in Thursday and yes I have your number

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 07:52 PM

OK, best ring before setting out!

Nick, Ive got to drop by Frimley on the way through, so a train isnt really an option.....

martyn_16v - 3/3/09 at 07:58 PM

How long are you going to be staying? Prices in car parks just outside the CC zone are extortionate, if you're there for more than 3-4 hours it's often cheaper to pay the charge and park inside, it can be almost £2/hr cheaper

Train from Camberley?

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 08:29 PM

That could be a shout. London aint my thang, dont get there often!!!

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 08:40 PM

Just checked network rail and to get from camberly to charing cross you have to make 3-4 changes! WTF??? Thats why I dont use public transport!

nstrug - 3/3/09 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Just checked network rail and to get from camberly to charing cross you have to make 3-4 changes! WTF??? Thats why I dont use public transport!

Or you could go from Camberley to Waterloo with a single change in 1:15, and then its a 10 minute walk to Charing Cross across Jubilee Bridge.

Or park at Farnborough Main (cheap parking) and 40 minute direct train to Waterloo.

Nick

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 09:22 PM

Nick, what site do you look at bud? I was searching the Network rail site........

nstrug - 3/3/09 at 09:33 PM

www.nationalrail.co.uk

When looking for trains to London, always specify London (All stations) as the destination. It will then pick the most sensible station based on your starting point.

Hants/Surrey trains don't go to CharingX at all, so no wonder it got confused...

I really think your best bet is Farnborough Main - 5 mins down the A331 from Frimley, 40 minutes on the train to Waterloo, then a nice walk across the river and up to Covent Garden.

Nick

iiyama - 3/3/09 at 09:41 PM

Thanks bud, appreciate that. Im a real noob when i comes to public transport!

rodders - 3/3/09 at 09:47 PM

Have a look at his map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=london%20waterloo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

If you zoom out you can see charing cross to the north west, It's an easy walk or taxi from Waterloo. If you don't want to pay for parking you can park at my house and I can run you down and pick you up from Guildford station, It's a direct connection to Waterloo. U2U me and I can give you my address if its any good for you.

Rhod

James - 3/3/09 at 10:46 PM

u2u sent.