Board logo

costa concordia salvage
ruskino80 - 26/11/12 at 10:23 PM

interesting link for the costa salvage efforts for those who are interested.

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/

dhutch - 26/11/12 at 10:43 PM

Big old job that!

steve m - 26/11/12 at 10:45 PM

Good link, as i was always interested , in how!

steve

James - 26/11/12 at 11:30 PM

Interesting link.

Is this to save the ship? Or just so it can be cut up and scrapped more easily?

PSpirine - 26/11/12 at 11:43 PM

Probably can save it, repair and re-use. Don't think they'd bother otherwise - would just clean it up in terms of chemicals etc.

Scuttling ships is good for ecosystems (once free of fuel ) - I did a dissertation on this!

snapper - 27/11/12 at 07:08 AM

As an ex-diver this caught my eye

The back story says a sport diver taken by his dive buddies to the salvage site after problems

It was reported that the injured diver made the following series of dives without decompression phase: 1) 51mt -23min - 2) 43mt for 16 min - 3) 56.7 for 13 min and a deco phase at 9mt for only 3 min The dive master Mr. Antonio Gianfreda staying in touch by phone with the Micoperi Hyperbaric doctor of Ravenna Hyperbaric Center started at 14:17 the medical treatment using the hyperbaric chamber. Three people got inside the hyperbaric chamber: the injured diver on the stretcher, his companion and one diver medic. Mr Antonio Gianfreda seeing the condition of the injured diver and the decompression missed proceed to hyperbaric chamber treatment using the Table n°6.

My first reactions was "Bloody Hell did they want to die, 3 deep dives in one day and no real decompression, what tables were they working from and did they buy their dive computers from Maplin

jossey - 27/11/12 at 02:49 PM

Cooooool

T66 - 27/11/12 at 05:49 PM

Thats very clever