Board logo

Home finances software
bigandy - 25/2/07 at 01:40 PM

Afternoon folks,

I've decided I could do with keeping a closer eye on my finances, must be me getting older and more responsible or somethng !

Anyway, I'm looking at Microsoft Money, but I was just wondering if there is anything else out there I should consider? I would like to keep track of bank accounts, savings, investments (Shares etc) mortgage etc...

Cheers!
Andy

jollygreengiant - 25/2/07 at 04:48 PM

Used ms money for about 4 / 5 years now. been ok no problems & not gone bust .............. YET.

Peteff - 25/2/07 at 06:03 PM

Keeps track of your money for you

bigandy - 25/2/07 at 06:08 PM

Hmmm...

Wife 1.0 must be an improvement on "Long Term Girlfreind 2.0" as that seems to be doing a very good job of spending all my money!

Cheers
Andy

jolson - 26/2/07 at 02:02 PM

Be careful of which version of Money you use. I run Money 2003 and it's been fine. The last version (2005?) apparently has time-limited features in it, such as downloading transactions from banks.
There is more information on the Money newsgroup microsoft.public.uk.money

FWIW, I've been using it for the last 3 years and it's been a brilliant tool for paying off debts, mortgage, etc. It's frightening to see how much money is spent on trivial things. It is, however, only as good as the data you put into it, so you've got be strict with yourself about recording everything.

[Edited on 2007-2-26 by jolson]