Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GT1 or spire GT-R
AndyW

posted on 29/3/09 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
GT1 or spire GT-R

anyone know about spire GT-R, looks interesting but I have not really heard or read much about them, is it the old MK and whats it like as a road car???
daniel mason

posted on 29/3/09 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
supposed to be fine on road and amazing track day tool. the owner paul nightingale has a 300 BHP supercharged zx14 in his. 0-60 in under 4 secs and 150MPH. there was a big write up about it in kit car mag a few months ago.it looked superb.
Andy D

posted on 29/3/09 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
There's a Spire GTR article in this months (April) PPC mag.
andrew.carwithen

posted on 29/3/09 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
'Lightning' on here is rebuilding/converting one for roaduse (nice job he's doing of it too.)
I believe AB performance were agents for them (though there's no reference to them on Andy Bate's website?)

Andy B

posted on 29/3/09 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
The lads are right we are agents for Spire in addition to Raw, we had the red and white demo car here as our own demonstrater -
on the road it was great, on the track it was nothing short of amazing.
John Cutmore is campaigning a CBR1000rr powered GTR in this years RGB championship and has already managed a 2nd place first time out and on totally the wrong gearing.
If anyone is interested we have a part built car here at the unit which basically needs engine diff, pipe and paint to finish, It was being built for John but did not get done in time so he switched to the Class B car for this season.
If anyones interested call me at the unit
on 01449 736633
regards
Andy

Andy North

posted on 29/3/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I had a GT1, but was always worried as I knew I would not be able to get the bits if I pranged it. For me this is reason enough to go for the GTR
Lightning

posted on 29/3/09 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
yep rebuilding this one. Now up to a rolling chassis. build quality is good. Paul Nightninggale is a top bloke and everso helpful

Steve

will121

posted on 29/3/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
ive been round snetterton as a passenger in a ZX12 powered one and the ride and handling was great, they did have a renault turbo powered with a smart paint job but dont know what that was like as heaver. im still a CEC person
vinny1275

posted on 30/3/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
ive been round snetterton as a passenger in a ZX12 powered one and the ride and handling was great, they did have a renault turbo powered with a smart paint job but dont know what that was like as heaver. im still a CEC person

I've driven the renault turbo one (with the Red Bull paint job), and swmbo's dad has an Orange one that had a Blackbird engine in (well, it's had 3 so far I think...), got changed to a zx12 over the winter, so looking forward to driving that one soon! the Renault engine one was nice to drive, really smooth compared to the BEC engined ones, still quick but not as wild. If I were going to build an LMP style car, I'd seriously think about a bike engine, or something bonkers like an Audi or BMW V8 with a transaxle....

Haven't had a ride in Paul's new demonstrator yet, but it does look manically quick (supercharged ZX14)....

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.