Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 podium demotion
BenB

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
F1 podium demotion

Now that Hamilton has been given 3rd does that mean Trulli has to hand over a slightly champagne splattered 3rd place trophy to him or does the FIA make a new one especially? It would be strange to think that Trulli would want to keep it. Then again, if they're appealing maybe he does...

Small point- but I just wondered.....

It's scary to think that Youtube have pulled videos filmed by fans after the FIA requested it. Does that mean the FIA "owns" any photos or video shot inside of the venue during a grand prix?

Good thing there are some sites in the world that are less chicken. Not the most exciting video in the world though, just shows Trulli sliding off the road.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
I would say the trophy was taken off him myself.

As for the video's on Youtube - anyone doing so is actually in breach of the terms and conditions of their ticket and Bernie is extremely protective of his copyright.

The following is straight off the T's & C's of the 2009 British GP site here

"14. The use of photographic equipment is allowed for private purposes only. All other recording and any transmission is prohibited. As a condition of entry to the Event you assign (by way of present assignment of future copyright) the copyright in any photographs or recordings you make at the Event to Formula One Administration Limited ("FOA" and agree that any photographs or recordings you make shall not be used for any form of public advertisement or display or for any other purposes including without limit for display on any internet site (except the private enjoyment of the person making the film) without FOA's prior written consent."

[Edited on 30/3/09 by Paul TigerB6]

britishtrident

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I am pretty sure Trulli knew he had lost his third place before he even got out the car , Hamilton's 3rd place will stick --- but I bet if he hadn't let Trulli pass him he would have been the one with a 25 second penalty .

25 seconds is much too heavy a penalty, 1 place demotion to 4th would have been fairer but the FIA wallah's don't allow any flexibility in penalties that can only take effect post race.

As to the FIA pulling the videos the copyright belongs to CVC which means Max, Bernie and Donelly can pretty much call the shots. As to the motives for pulling the videos ...................... !

[Edited on 30/3/09 by britishtrident]

omega 24 v6

posted on 30/3/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
For me it seems only fair that he was demoted after what hamilton had done to him at Spa last year.
HOWEVER call me cynical but It'd be more interesting to see what penalties apply if/when the red cars find themselves in this predicament.
As for the copywrite well it seems quite fair IMHO. Worst case scenario would see all cameras banned from spectators when they enter the circuit.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

fesycresy

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
HOWEVER call me cynical but It'd be more interesting to see what penalties apply if/when the red cars find themselves in this predicament.

Are you trying to say there is favouratism towards Ferrari ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6

Are you trying to say there is favouratism towards Ferrari ?

Shocking suggestion!!! He'll be saying Bernie wants Massa to win this year's championship next!!

YQUSTA

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with the whole after race bs is there is no 1 person assigned to make on the spot decisions.

If for instance they had 1 guy/gal that was in charge for incidents then all would be ok.

for example take Sunday if the 2 teams were in a conf call with the guy/gal in charge he/she could have made an instant decision to what if anything each team/driver should do.

so lets just say that ham was doing every thing correct and didnt have to give the place back. each of the teams would have been told at the same time. result no confusion no 25 sec pen and trulli would have got 4th

and vice versa if ham had to give the place back.

this I think is the biggest mistake in f1 atm with regards to rules.

speedyxjs

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Iv just read on f1.com and the 25 seconds has dropped him down to 12th

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Tiger Super Six

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you have all realised that if the Brawn's are thrown out for the diffuser then Hamilton wins!!!
David Jenkins

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
In that case, Bernie will make sure that the diffuser is accepted - unless he can get Hamilton on a technicality as well...

l0rd

posted on 30/3/09 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I would like to see these difusers banned.

For sure though, i would preffer if the teams are not disqualified in order not to let Hammilton take the win.

I like Button a lot more than him.

BenB

posted on 30/3/09 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Call me silly but I can't work out how you can have a "perfectly horizontal" surface that's curved.... I suppose if it's perfectly horizontal in a fore/aft direction but not side to side.....

Tricky one to decide what to do. Some teams have stuck 100% to the rules and other teams have taken the rules to the very edge (and possibly beyond that!!)... The design of the Brawn car apparantly means a total redesign would be necessary if they had to have a flat diffuser...... Tricky tricky tricky....

Paul TigerB6

posted on 30/3/09 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd

Nooooooo - i want to see them deemed legal as per the initial scrutineers interpretation last week!!

The whole idea behind Formula 1 should be inovation within the rules and pushing those rules to the limit. Just because a few teams missed the boat on the advantage this diffuser design gives that other teams have identified such as Brawn doesnt mean it should be banned!! Sounds like sour grapes to me and i am glad McLaren werent one of the teams lobbying against the design unlike Red Bull et al, but instead say they have plenty of work to do to catch up. Red Bull know they have missed a trick there i recon, and also know they cant copy the idea closely due to having pull rod rear suspension. Would they be complaining if their pull rod suspension idea gave them a big advantage?? Doubt it!!

Good on Brawn F1 and Toyota etc I recon - this could be a great year of racing so long as the stewards dont come and bugger it up again!!

britishtrident

posted on 30/3/09 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I would but a bet on is that what will happen is that an adjustment of the rules will be pushed through to put a 100% watertight ban on the diffusers before the European part of the season starts, but existing race results will stand.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

MK chippy

posted on 30/3/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:

Nooooooo - i want to see them deemed legal as per the initial scrutineers interpretation last week!!

The whole idea behind Formula 1 should be inovation within the rules and pushing those rules to the limit. Just because a few teams missed the boat on the advantage this diffuser design gives that other teams have identified such as Brawn doesnt mean it should be banned!! Sounds like sour grapes to me and i am glad McLaren werent one of the teams lobbying against the design unlike Red Bull et al, but instead say they have plenty of work to do to catch up. Red Bull know they have missed a trick there i recon, and also know they cant copy the idea closely due to having pull rod rear suspension. Would they be complaining if their pull rod suspension idea gave them a big advantage?? Doubt it!!

Good on Brawn F1 and Toyota etc I recon - this could be a great year of racing so long as the stewards dont come and bugger it up again!!

What he said^^^^^

britishtrident

posted on 30/3/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK chippy
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:

What he said^^^^^

Within reason ----- what would be grossly unfair is the Lotus 88 situation where a car which is deemed legal by the scrutes is banned by an instant rule change before the race. The diffusers definitely take the mickey out the rules but the rules weren't properly framed. Giving Brawn and co a few races with the diffusers before they are banned would be the wisest way of dealing with it --- how long is it going to take Mclaren and Ferrari et al to catchup anyway -- not long. I bet.

[Edited on 30/3/09 by britishtrident]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 30/3/09 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Podium demotion is one thing, but the penalties imposed on anyone getting into a bit of difficulty overtaking/defending do seem far too severe (Vettel).
Penalties for forming an orderly queue might help though!

Mix

posted on 30/3/09 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

On a related issue, personally I'm surprised Rubens 'got away' with what he did!

Regards Mick

BenB

posted on 30/3/09 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, he sure was a bit banzai!!! Not sure how he could blame anyone for the first corner accident....
russbost

posted on 30/3/09 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with most of what's being said here. One thing I find ridiculous tho' is that the Toyotas which were deemed ok by the scrutes to practice then finished up being stuck on the back of the grid due to excessive flex in the rear wing, surely it would have been fairer to simply make them race with legal rear wings - if they had been making any significant difference then the cars would then be substantially slower & justice would have been done, as it obviously made no difference to their speed whatsoever (hence Trulli's 3rd place that wasn't!) it seems grossly unfair to move them to the back of the grid.

Rubens first corner shunt wasn't all his own doing he was rammed from behind by Kovi in the McLaren, tho' I suspect he may well have made some contact without the "assistance", don't think it would have been so violent tho'

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
matt_gsxr

posted on 31/3/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
F1 is a club.

Diffusers won't be banned until Brawn has sorted out sufficient sponsorship to see them through.

This way Bernie and Max can rub Honda's nose in it, whilst at the same time strengthening the F1 bond.

It's continually fiddled with to make it good to watch (and to fill Bernies pockets). What is strange (as a brit) is that the rules are manipulated for this same goal. It goes against my sense of fair-play.

Its like getting rid of demotion in a league competition. It takes away the sport, but makes it more of a viable business/show.

Good to watch, but not worth getting worked up over.

Matt

Mark Allanson

posted on 31/3/09 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
F1 is a club.

Diffusers won't be banned until Brawn has sorted out sufficient sponsorship to see them through.

This way Bernie and Max can rub Honda's nose in it, whilst at the same time strengthening the F1 bond.

It's continually fiddled with to make it good to watch (and to fill Bernies pockets). What is strange (as a brit) is that the rules are manipulated for this same goal. It goes against my sense of fair-play.

Its like getting rid of demotion in a league competition. It takes away the sport, but makes it more of a viable business/show.

Good to watch, but not worth getting worked up over.

Matt

I heartily agree, like saturday afternoon wrestling in the 70's only noisier.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.