Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan 350Z
carpmart

posted on 13/6/14 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan 350Z

I'm tempted to get one, anyone have any experience with them?

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Texan

posted on 13/6/14 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've had 2. I had the base model and the track pack '07 models at the same time.

They were absolute pigs when compared to my S2000 or Miata.

They aren't nimble cars, they are made for cruising on the motorway, but they've got shortcomings there that ruin that for you.

The electric seat controls are not where you expect them to be, they are on the top of the set next to the tunnel and they dig into your legs. I had bruises after a trip longer than about 50 miles.

If you do any kind of quick, rapid steering wheel manuevers you'll get a big surprise. During an autocross the wheel just stopped moving. I thought I'd broken it but I spoke to other Z owners and they said that's just the way it is. The power steering can't keep up with rapid movements. They said the solution was "to be prepared for it".

The GPS system is disk based and is out of date when you take delivery. it was expensive to get upgrades and you'd need them often.

On paper the 370 should be better, but my experience with the 350 was so bad I've never been back inside a Nissan again.

It was quiet to drive, but there was no storage room.

I drive therefore I am.

MP3C

posted on 13/6/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I think the steering that stops working has put me off!

Matt

[Edited on 13/6/14 by MP3C]

rash12

posted on 14/6/14 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
350z

I have a 350z and personally I think its a brilliant car, plenty of power drives well, cant really fault it although can be a little thirsty round town, ive owned various other sports cars porshe boxster etc and this is by far the best of them all , but everyone to their own, mine is a 2005 soft top
big_wasa

posted on 14/6/14 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Its a car that's on the bucket list
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 14/6/14 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Good cars holding strong money now where a bit of a bargain a few years back...
Slimy38

posted on 14/6/14 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texan

The GPS system is disk based and is out of date when you take delivery. it was expensive to get upgrades and you'd need them often.

My Toledo is the same, it's £150 for an updated map disk but even then will only get me to 2005 roads. An average Tom tom is cheaper (and probably a lot easier to use!).

corrado vr6

posted on 14/6/14 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I too have a 350, don't worry about the sat nav, most owners rip out the Bose system anyway, I currently have a nice Alpine unit in mine with navi.
Few things to check when looking

- leccy windows do they work and sound ok as the motors ware out due to going up and down each time the door opens
- Bose head unit does the cd skip, this is due to moisture in the head unit, common problem but easily sorted with an aftermarket head unit
- clicky driveshafts, I have an 03 with 75k on the clock and mine still don't do this but still a common problem
- boot gas struts, do they lift and hold the boot, again you can buy aftermarket ones or remove the weight hidden in the boot lid
- expect slight notch between 1st 2nd gear it's normal

Don't let the above put you off as they are a nice car

Hope that helps
Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

coyoteboy

posted on 2/9/14 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
I had a drive of one of these the other day, actually really liked it. Having driven Celica GT4's, Mk3.5 MX5s and a few other powerful/fast/fun cars I found it pretty nice. Gave me the giggle that makes me want one. Didn't feel as nimble as the MX5 but it wont, it's larger and heavier. Felt more responsive than the GT4, engine-wise (no surprise), but about the same handling wise (GT4 runs coilovers all round). I think I'm going to be in the market for one. Seemed comfy, stuck like glue, beautiful soundtrack, enough room for tall me. Bit plasticy inside but acceptable. For me, I can't do the MX5 (too many in the family now!) and the S2000 looks like a grandads car in comparison (beauty is in the eye of the beholder!).

[Edited on 2/9/14 by coyoteboy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.