Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Gearbox oil pump suggestion
gaz_gaz

posted on 10/4/21 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Gearbox oil pump suggestion

I'm looking for a gearbox oil pump similar to that in the link without the £300 price tag so I can run a gearbox oil cooler.

I'm only interested in pumps with the inlet and outlet at either end as in the link.

I'm led to believe BMW use a very similar pump on some cars to help cool the gearbox when towing but I can't find any information.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.competitionsupplies.com/vdo-electric-oil-pump/vdo-oil-pump-15mm-inlet-8mm-outlet-no-wiring-plug?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base& utm_campaign=campaign1&gclid=CjwKCAjw9r-DBhBxEiwA9qYUpYs9Po68Md1PTNtNEgclenOryvEgYHWYNP65QDWUC4AL_qQuiaTHjxoC47sQAvD_BwE

[Edited on 10/4/21 by gaz_gaz]

obfripper

posted on 10/4/21 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
The part you linked does belong to a bmw, but it is a m235i racing which is a race series car, and is 510+vat from bmw which makes the linked one look cheap.

It's bmw part no:17222222516 if you want to look further.

An e60 m5 has a pair of pumps, one on the engine and one on the gearbox, they are flange fit though so you would have to adapt your setup to use this.
They are used as a scavenge pump on the engine, and with the oil cooler on the gearbox.

They are part no:11417834496 if you want to have a look, there's loads of cheap second hand ones on ebay etc, new ones are dear though.

There's a few other f series cars that use an electric pump, but it's a submerged feed type so not suitable for external use.

Dave

Neville Jones

posted on 20/10/22 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
You're in Devon, so maybe checkout the boat yards for either a Jabsco or Oberdorfer pump used for circulating transmission oil for cooling on commercial boats.

You don't need big flow volumes, so a smaller gear or centrifugal circulating pump will do the job. Still not cheap though, but if you scrounge and ask you will eventually find a cheap used item.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.