Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What ever happened to......
u401768

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
What ever happened to......

What happened is happening with the MK GT1, GT2, GT-R and the new (was on the MK website) mid engine car? I was looking at the GT1, till a daughter came along and by the time had the money and time it was no more? Are there any plans to remake any of them? Or will I have to do something from scratch.
Hellfire

posted on 20/5/05 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
The MK GT1 was replaced by the GT-R (which most people referred to as the GT2) The rights to produce this were sold by MK Engineering to another company - can't remember who.

MK Engineering is now concentrating on design and development of an all new, ultra modern, 7 style sportscar. The chassis and bodywork design is extremely impressive and testing will shortly be under way. Given MK's track record it should handle superbly and the next generation of MK's is eagerly awaited..................................

HTH

donut

posted on 20/5/05 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hellfire: Where have you seen the designes? You are talking about Martin Keenan rather than MK Sportscars yes?

Oh and the GT-R is being sold/kitted by a chap called Rob Lewis.

"MK Engineering have recently passed on the GT-R project to Evolution Sportscars.
Evolution will continue to build the GT-R and make kits available. The GT-R is ideal for road or track use and can be constructed using a car or motorbike engine.
Further details from robertevolution@ntlworld.com or 07786 032 191 "

Hope this helps

The MK Engineering website is: http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/
Here you will find a few pics of the new 7!

[Edited on 20/5/05 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 21/5/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Calm down dear it's just a sports car

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
woodster

posted on 23/5/05 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Calm down dear it's just a sports car

DarrenW

posted on 23/5/05 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy
why does this topic apear whenever theres a show all it does is make people wait for something which is ONLY IN DEVELOPMENT IS AGES AWAY FROM AN S.V.A AND EVEN FURTHER AWAY FROM PRODUCTION AND MARKETING
it only gives a false impression to customers

Maybe you shouldnt wet peoples appetite until you have something tangible (ie almost developed and nearly ready for SVA) to offer. I would go as far as to say that you only have yourself to blame!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.