Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT75
Sabre

posted on 11/7/06 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
MT75

Hi all sorry prob a daft question u have been asked b4 but does anyone know if the mt75 fits straight onto the pinto
Been offered a 2.0i DOHC with disc rears
The cat supposed to use drums a pinto n a type 9 so couldnt be gettin further away from their book spec
Never dealt with the mt box any help would be appreciated
Paul

big_wasa

posted on 11/7/06 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know for sure BUT. I dont think that you will get the MT75 in a Tiger chassis ?

Bell housing bolts are the same but you will need a spacer on the thrust bearing as the clutch on the Dohc is very deep. 19-20mm as per the westfield item.

The best match for your pinto is the type 9. All nice and easy of the shelf bits.

just my opinion

Sabre

posted on 11/7/06 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
mt75

mmmmmmmmm may need to rework the chassis then
jolson

posted on 11/7/06 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto does bolt onto a MT75, no problem. Rubbish picture in my archive here
The sheetmetal plate between them needs a bit of trimming, and you can trim a little off the bottom of the bell housing.

The clutch release bearing may need a spacer, like the Westfield do (but I've also been told that a DOHC clutch is deeper and lets you use the standard release bearing, I'll be trying this soon)

Cheers

John

Sabre

posted on 12/7/06 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
mt

Thanks guys
the tiger trans opening is angled unlike rons book chassis what are your measuments on yours John not that i dibeleive what bigwasa said but i gotta try to see if i can use this car as struggling to get any thing else and this is holding me up i have a pinto engine from when i raced but the gearbox is a straight cut not much use on the road also think one of the gears locked off
Paul

procomp

posted on 12/7/06 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
HI AS you used to race youl prob find the ratios in a mt75 a bit to wide spread . Where as with a type 9 you can pick up a box with close ratios for little money or if you have a straight cut box that requires a bit of work a direct swap would be in order i would think. Just a thought.

ps with a (heavy) engine you could do with a lighter g/box

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sabre

posted on 12/7/06 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
mt

Cheers matt
gearbox isnt the great issue its the rear axle set i desperatley need for aligning body work blah blah as they are disc on this car should be drum on the cat but i can modify the system no prob just that it has an mt 75 box was just trying to use parts may buy the car anyway to sit in corner for next build (gonna finish the chassis i started 3years ago)
Your inputs are much appreciated seems i have hit lucky on this site great bunch of guys
chers Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.