Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Granada anyone?
Findlay234

posted on 15/7/03 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Granada anyone?

Anyone want anything from a granada? As there happens to be one dumped right accross the road from me, a quick chat to the police and i recon someone could have it.
James

posted on 15/7/03 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
Anyone want anything from a granada? As there happens to be one dumped right accross the road from me, a quick chat to the police and i recon someone could have it.

The police will almost defiantely say no- I've tried that one! It's still the owners property until the council seize it- at which point legally it has to be crushed in it's entirety.

If you want bits then work out how to get them in advance and go along with a mate and a tool kit- and do it bloody quick!

I'm a bit upset that the council round me have just setup a special agreement with a local breakers that all cars will be collected *1 day* after the notice has gone on them!
It's gonna make getting bits real hard!

James

[Edited on 15/7/03 by James]

Fatboy Dave

posted on 16/7/03 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I know a guy that works for McAlisters around Haselmere. They recover them, and he's an XR4x4 drag racing nut.

Have managed to get a couple of sets of uprights that way

Can't have engines, or anything with an ID on the logbook though

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

johnston

posted on 19/7/03 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
do
quote:

I'm a bit upset that the council round me have just setup a special agreement with a local breakers that all cars will be collected *1 day* after the notice has gone on them!

do the notices not say the owner has a week or sumfin

plus seen a thing in classic ford about getting fined if you dont fill in your sorn and asked for back tax even if you havent been seen on the road

James

posted on 19/7/03 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnston

do the notices not say the owner has a week or sumfin

They did... it's now 1 day!!!

James

Sparky

posted on 19/7/03 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Things must be a little different over here in Suffolk...

Mrs Sparky works for the local council, and when I was on the lookout for a reasonable Sierra donor, she had a word with the bloke responsible for slapping these notices on abandoned cars.
He had three on his books; a burnt out estate, a white Sapphire, and a 1600 hatch (the one I wanted!)
I was told I'd have to wait 'cos the ticket had only just been 'applied' on the hatch, but I was welcome to the other two. As it turned out, the estate was really burnt out, and would have been next to useless. I fancied the Sapphire though, if only for the loom, column and some other bits. After Ticket bloke had checked with the law to ensure that it wasn't stolen or subject to further enquiries (bank job anyone?!) I was told I could collect it, on the proviso that I didn't dump it again when I was done with it!!

Turned out to be a DOHC auto with siezed rear discs and a mauled loom.

We still get told of possible donors - I've got mine now - so if anyone needs one and is in the area, let me know.

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.