Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Aeroscreen
Alfa145

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
New Aeroscreen

Following on from my queries about an Aeroscreen listed on Ebay I bit the bullet and bought it. Turned up today so thought I'd have a go at fitting it tonight

Yep I know I need some proper nuts and washers but thats all I had available tonight

pjavon

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good, is it this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEROSCREEN-GLOSS-BLACK-DOUBLE-BUBBLE_W0QQitemZ110226251061QQihZ001QQcategoryZ100921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Been thinking of getting one myself, and if it is i think i will
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

PAUL FISHER

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looks smart,looks like the westfield one,you can't go wrong with one of them for the money
derby allen

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very good, i take it, it's the one advertised for a westifeld on Ebay.my mate has an MK and wondered if they would fit, did you have to do any trimming.
derby allen

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Should have stated, if it's the Ebay one, the Yellow car in the picture is mine
although i had to trim to fit

Alfa145

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yep it's the same one on Ebay, I haven't done any trimming at all and don't think any is needed for my application.

[Edited on 20/2/08 by Alfa145]

pjavon

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Yep i agree looks like a perfect fit.
Could you tell me what the quality of the inside is like, does it look o.k. when your sat in the car.
Thanks Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

Alfa145

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
The inside isn't the world best finish but for the price I didnt expect it. The screen is thin enough to mould to your required application within reason.

Here's what it looks like from the inside, all the white specs are dust the camera flash has picked up

pjavon

posted on 20/2/08 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pic, like you say for the price still looks like a good deal.
Think i'll buy one now
Cheers Paul

worX

posted on 20/2/08 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Just spray the inside with some standard car paint - Try some Satin or Matt black and it will look loads better...

Looks really good by the way - Well worth the money!!!

Steve

[Edited on 21/2/08 by worX]

james h

posted on 21/2/08 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
I am seriously considering buying one, but:

How much of an effect do these have on wind buffeting? Do they reduce it quite a bit? Because on the last 3 occasions I have been in a locost, without an aeroscreen (or an upright low screen) the buffeting was quite bad.

James

2b_pablo

posted on 21/2/08 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
ordered one the other day not got it yet tho. inside looks a bit nasty but as said Ill fire some satin black onto it first

nice job tho for £50, Ill not be throwing my screen and wipers away just yet tho!

-----------------

if it aint broke... pull it off and upgrade it!

Humbug

posted on 21/2/08 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james h

How much of an effect do these have on wind buffeting? Do they reduce it quite a bit? Because on the last 3 occasions I have been in a locost, without an aeroscreen (or an upright low screen) the buffeting was quite bad.

James

Just what I was going to ask... does it really work. I have currently got a short Lexan screen, which keeps the buffeting down but obviously has something of an airbrake effect. I quite fancy the look of the bubble screens, just not sure of the effectiveness.

Let us know how it goes in practice

cerbera

posted on 21/2/08 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
quote:
Originally posted by james h

James

Just what I was going to ask... does it really work. I have currently got a short Lexan screen, which keeps the buffeting down but obviously has something of an airbrake effect. I quite fancy the look of the bubble screens, just not sure of the effectiveness.

Let us know how it goes in practice

Dont think it would fit your scuttle Humbug if its like my ST one, because of the vertical "ledge" where you fasten your current screen. Would fancy one myself so if you do get one and get it to fit OK then post . Cheers

Humbug

posted on 22/2/08 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Good point, Cerbera. it would either have to sit on the top bit of the scuttle, in which case it would probably lean backwards too much, or in front of the ledge when it would then tilt up where the central dip hits the top.
jacko

posted on 22/2/08 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
I believe Wadders on here has a S Taylor car and he has a Westfield aeroscreen fitted so maybe this one on sale that looks like a westfield will fit
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.