<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ha...
speedyxjs

posted on 7/9/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ha...

ha
Shame hamilton is under investigation though

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

clairetoo

posted on 7/9/08 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Dont see what for - maybe for over taking ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

gingerprince

posted on 7/9/08 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Great that he won and fair play for keeping it on the road, but a bit farcical ice skating - not racing at all.

They should either have a mandatory "wet tyres flag" so you have to go straight in, or like the bikes under certain circumstances call the race there.

blakep82

posted on 7/9/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
^ thats all part of racing.

hmm under investigation for beating ferarri i think

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 7/9/08 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
Dont see what for - maybe for over taking ?

Or more accurately......... for overtaking a red car!!!

Dont see any reason why the rules should be changed - the race was 44 laps long and they deal with the conditions for the duration. They all had the option to come in to change their tyres so if they want to be 30+ secs a lap slower then thats the way it is. Heidfeld took the decission to come in with 2 laps to go and it gave him a podium.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 7/9/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yawn not boremula one again
blakep82

posted on 7/9/08 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Yawn not boremula one again

er, did you even see the race? lol
i agree with you for the rest, but the last few laps made iup for it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 7/9/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yes did see the normal 3 car race between naps.
Watched some Ginetta and Seat racing on motorsport uk yesterday now thats entertainment.

[Edited on 7/9/08 by CRAIGR]

JoelP

posted on 7/9/08 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
seems to be over the nature of how he passed him, ie maybe surrendering the place wasnt enough to pacify the stewards if they think he retained an advantage into the next corner. However, seeing as the lead swapped twice after that, it would seem irrelevant.
JoelP

posted on 7/9/08 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
you might want to add an F1 spoiler tag to the title though, for people watching it later?!
DaveFJ

posted on 7/9/08 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Kovalinen getting a penalty for tapping another car!! wtf? oh sory - drive through penalty for not having a red car... this really is getting ridiculous now!

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

matnrach

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just heard that Lewis has been demoted to third place!
What a joke.
If it was the other way around the FIA would have done nothing.

I think the FIA must stand for Ferrari Investigation Authority.

[Edited on 7/9/08 by matnrach]

l0rd

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Although i hate the red cars and it is always them that are favoured in such occasions, it was a fair call as far as i am concerned.

[Edited on 7/9/08 by l0rd]

Alan B

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely f******g ridiculous....if they felt they had to do something, what about 5 second penalty or something that would not affect the outcome, because it clearly did not affect the result...this getting to be a total farce...they will kill the sport...I really hope McLaren appeal this one...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matnrach
Just heard that Lewis has been demoted to third place!
What a joke.
If it was the other way around the FIA would have done nothing.

I think the FIA must stand for Ferrari Investigation Authority.

[Edited on 7/9/08 by matnrach]

Blast beaten to it.

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa has been declared the winner of Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix after McLaren’ Lewis Hamilton was handed a 25-second time penalty following the race. Hamilton drops to third place as a result, with BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld moving up to second place.

Hamilton was penalised after stewards decided he had gained an advantage by cutting the final chicane in his late-race battle with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen...

Taken from F1 web site link

As I suspected when they said there was to be an enquiry. Hamilton to be penalised for not driving a Ferrari. If it had been the other way round the ferrari would have only got a place drop in the next race.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

matnrach

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
If Mclaren had let Lewis out of the pits like Ferrari did with Massa at Velencia, they would have been excluded and fined about $100K.
Something needs to be done.

Just switch off the TV!

craig1410

posted on 7/9/08 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
I know I won't make many friends by saying this but until Hamilton learns some humility I don't think he deserves to win a championship. He's had everything laid out on a silver platter from day one and hasn't had to work for it like everyone else.

I like Kimi as a raw talent (and party animal...) but I have to say that Massa (who I didn't used to like) is gaining my respect through humbly working bloody hard, unlike Kimi it seems, and giving his best every race. I also respect Alonso hugely as he has also worked hard for every success he has had. He's perhaps a bit impetuous with the team at times but I think this can still be described as pushing the team rather than criticising them.

As for the penalty handed to hamilton I think it is correct as he clearly gained an advantage in retaining momentum by cutting out the chicane. He may well have let Kimi past but immediately ducked through his slipstream and attacked again. He should have backed off until after the next corner before attacking.

No doubt the conspiracy theorists will jump on this but I think it is a justified penalty.

Let the flames commence...

Craig.

russbost

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
How can you possibly gain an advantage by dropping behind somebody!!!!!
I expect it was Lewis's fault Kimi crashed for making him drive too fast, in future he should learn some humility & just drive behind the red cars as he clearly isn't going to be allowed to win the championship anyway!!

[Edited on 7/9/08 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
LBMEFM

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you guy's get so wound up about that F1 sh^t. Watch bike racing or go to your local circuit and watch or participate in clubman events. You will then realise that F1 is a tedious waste of space.
jollygreengiant

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
If you take the first chicane problem, Hamilton clearly had his nose in front at the apex. Raikenen decided not to concede the corner and forced Hamilton into the chicane or have an accident. Hamilton CLEARLY let Raikenen back into the lead, so, why didn't Raikenen capitalise on this instead of allowing Hamilton to come back at him

IF its about the second event Hamilton took avoiding action to avoid a car returning to the track after an off.

Either way, they were both racing incidents and to my mind Hamilton play by the rules and aquited himself well or better then those who were driving red cars and need ALL the assistance that they can muster from 'whatever' corner. Especially the 'Ferrari Investigation Authority'.

Something definitely smells and its worse than the infamous 'Stinky Bishop' cheese.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

JUD

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I know I won't make many friends by saying this but until Hamilton learns some humility I don't think he deserves to win a championship. He's had everything laid out on a silver platter from day one and hasn't had to work for it like everyone else.

How is that then? I don't get the "handed to him on a plate" line. Ron signed him up years ago and he has been successful at the majority of the formula he has competed in. He is better than his team mate and was better than Alonso last year.

quote:
I like Kimi as a raw talent (and party animal...)

Ah - Party animal - that makes him more interesting and hence more worthy of stewards decisions...?

quote:
As for the penalty handed to hamilton I think it is correct as he clearly gained an advantage in retaining momentum by cutting out the chicane. He may well have let Kimi past but immediately ducked through his slipstream and attacked again. He should have backed off until after the next corner before attacking.

Assuming that he had done that, are you suggesting that the outcome would have been any different? Kimi would still have spun after passing the Williams, and would still have stuffed it in the wall. Neither of these events were related to Hamilton - on the first Kimi was in front, on the second Lewis was in front. Frankly the events that happened after the pass dictated the result we saw, not the pass itself.

quote:
Let the flames commence...

No flames - just my opinion of your opinion.

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

craig1410

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
How can you possibly gain an advantage by dropping behind somebody!!!!!
I expect it was Lewis's fault Kimi crashed for making him drive too fast, in future he should learn some humility & just drive behind the red cars as he clearly isn't going to be allowed to win the championship anyway!!

[Edited on 7/9/08 by russbost]

Easily - by picking up the slipstream which you had no right to be anywhere near due to cutting the chicane. Normally you only pick up a slipstream by driving better then the guy in front in the preceding few corners but in hamilton's case he picked up the slipstream by cutting the corner and then backing off just enough for Kimi to get past before picking up the slingshot round the back and re-overtaking.

Whatever way you look at it, he took advantage of cutting the chicane. What would have happened if the edge of the track was lined with armco rather than grass? He would be out of the race! The whole point of run-off areas is that it encourages overtaking while preserving safety and makes it possible to continue racing if you have a failed attempt at overtaking. You are not supposed to gain an advantage from it!

Cheers,
Craig.

eddie99

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
This is stupid, i hope Ron Dennis appeals against this, I agree with most of you, if ferrari had done this, it would have been fine.

How can be possibly get an advantage by letting him go through and then getting in his slipstream to overtake again, thats racing, not cheating! Ontop of that, the Ferrari overtook again as hamilton went wide, You cant blame Hamilton for the crash at all!

FIA sucks!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
eddie99

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
This is stupid, i hope Ron Dennis appeals against this, I agree with most of you, if ferrari had done this, it would have been fine.

How can be possibly get an advantage by letting him go through and then getting in his slipstream to overtake again, thats racing, not cheating! Ontop of that, the Ferrari overtook again as hamilton went wide, You cant blame Hamilton for the crash at all!

FIA sucks!

eddie99

posted on 7/9/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote

FIA sucks!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.