Board logo

MK Engineering - Midi Project Progress!
worX - 23/8/08 at 08:25 PM

Hi All,

I went to the MK open day today and ate my body weight in unhealthy food wrecking the diet I've been on for three weeks, but had a good time nevertheless!

On the way back Joe (Welderman) and I stopped at Martin Keenan's and as it's the first time I'd been, I was treated to the grand tour (very envious of his setup and tooling!), but spent most of the time looking at his ongoing Midi project!

It is still definately a work in progress and he has redrawn most of the car including all suspension pickups so the current car is definately a prototype, but it does paint a very nice picture of what the finished article will turn out like!

When asked when it'll be finished, I got the usual Martin laugh as a response, as he sat back down behind his current daily project, a twin engined Reliant!

Anyway, please visit his website for further details http://www.mkengineering.co.uk but here's a taster:

Cheers,
Steve.

tomgregory2000 - 23/8/08 at 08:32 PM

nice

Kriss - 23/8/08 at 09:23 PM

looks mega and a great colour too!

matt.c - 23/8/08 at 10:28 PM

Looks very nice. Got an idea of the cost of the kit?

short track 123 - 23/8/08 at 10:37 PM

not dis-similar to a sylva r1ot

welderman - 23/8/08 at 11:08 PM

ye it's a good looking car, think both steve and i could be potential owners one day, even got a tour of the factory , thanks Martin too for the bit of perf tube, i know you look on here from time to time.

Joe

Kriss - 24/8/08 at 09:55 AM

stupid question time

Is Martin Keenan Mk as in the MK Indy?

Answers and hatemail accepted

worX - 24/8/08 at 10:20 AM

Yes.

As they say on "Millionaire" - They're only easy if you know the answers!

Steve

MikeR - 24/8/08 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
stupid question time

Yes - but its not MK Engineering. That was his original company which he sold / gave / i don't know to someone (brother / cousin / random bloke down the pub).

froggy - 24/8/08 at 10:31 AM

im pretty sure its mk engineering ,ive been twice this week and i dont remember martin saying hes been bought out

PAUL FISHER - 24/8/08 at 01:00 PM

Martin never actually sold MK Enginneering he still owns it,he sold part of the company which was renamed MK sportscars to his brother Phil,and one of his employees Barry,who now run MK sportscars.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
stupid question time

Yes - but its not MK Engineering. That was his original company which he sold / gave / i don't know to someone (brother / cousin / random bloke down the pub).