Board logo

gsxr wiring
tootall - 25/5/08 at 01:09 AM

Just a small problem or query, I have two wires and don't know what they do. the engine and wiring loom is from a k4 and has a three pin connector to the fuel pump. i am fitting a k2 fuel pump which has four wires. the extra wire is red/black and runs to the clocks along with a black/green from the fuel pump, but they also T-off from the fuel pump to the rear light wiring. Does anyone know why this is?? As the k4 doesnt do this and has no red/black wire.

Has anyone got a K1/K2 gsxr1000 wiring diagram?

Thanks
Rob

worX - 25/5/08 at 08:48 AM

Could the "T off" be just the earth's leaving the main loom and going to the rear lights?

As for the second pair of wires from the pump going to the clocks - they will just be a Low Fuel Level" bulb.

HTH
Steve

tootall - 25/5/08 at 04:16 PM

sorry ill try to re word this 4 wires to fuel pum 1 earth 1 live 1 black/green as a level indicator to dash and 1 red/black as level indicator to dash but these two black/green and red/black also run other way to back light cluster ??? why is this ??
if eany one has a k1 or k2 wiring diagram it would be a help
thanks rob

lococost - 25/5/08 at 04:55 PM

On the K1 the red/black and black/green wires go to external resistors. I have a K2 loom which has 3 wires and a pump that has 4(supposidly also K2) and the red/black wire of the pump goes directly to the dash (connected to the black green wire of the loom) and the black/green wire of the pump is left open. Hope this makes any sence, it work on my setup anyway .

If it's not clear, pm me, I'll try to scan the color schematics.

tootall - 25/5/08 at 09:25 PM

my engine is a k4 it dosent have the red black wire at all just the black green that goes straight to dash. but im using a k2 dash and it has both wires to dash. a diagram would be easyer to understand but carnt seem to find a k1 k2 wirirng diagram got the k4 one