Board logo

Mx-5 donor guide
Ajohnston_10 - 7/8/13 at 05:24 PM

Hi folks,

Going to start a 7 project using the mx-5.
I know there are some aspects that differ when using the mx-5 compared to the sierra model done in the book.

Has anyone got the full copy of the 'Haynes roadster build guide for mx-5 donor'.

I tried to download it today but all the downloads were only 29 pages long.

If anyone has it and is willing to send me a copy that would be much appreciated!

Cheers Ally.

chrism - 7/8/13 at 06:19 PM

There is no full version of an MX-5 build guide, only an add on to show the differences required from the sierra book version. Also I believe the plans are slightly incomplete with a couple of missing dimensions for the rear wishbones I believe.

I think there is one company that makes a replacement rear diff cover for the MX5 diff that makes it fit in the standard sierra diff cage area so you can use the sierra rear wishbone dimensions.

[Edited on 7/8/13 by chrism]

Slimy38 - 7/8/13 at 06:28 PM

I think this is what you're after;

http://slimyroadster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/mx5-plans.html

The ones currently on the Gillham website are a very incomplete version two, I managed to download it while it was still a complete version one. But even version one wasn't 100%, so only treat it as a guideline and make sure you still have the 'build a sports car on a budget' to get the full picture.

Ajohnston_10 - 8/8/13 at 07:18 AM

chrism- Thanks for the quick reply, It's the add on im after. I seen a previous thread about it but the link diverted me to an incomplete document. Ill have a look at that option.

slimy- Thats the very ones im after I attempted to downloaded the Gillham ones but they were incomplete.
Thank you for the great help and quick reply.