Board logo

Anyone take me for a short run in a car on bike carbs or bike TBS
monck - 19/9/11 at 06:29 PM

Im changing my engine i was planning on goin bike carbs or bike tbs an sell my webbers

I know some will say stick with webbers so ....

if anyone has preferably a 2lt zetec on bike carbs or bike tbs that wouldn't mind taking me for a quick drive just so i can see if the drive seems any different ?

im in Cheshire so nearer the better ... Ryan

whitestu - 19/9/11 at 06:34 PM

I'm a bit too far to take you for a run, but I wouldn't previously have believed bike carbs would work as well as they do on a car engine.

I'm not sure they are better then webbers but miles cheaper and easier to set up.

Stu

wilkingj - 19/9/11 at 06:34 PM

Remember that Throttle bodies will need a fuel injection control system, ie megasquirt, or Omega, etc etc.
It will affect your overall costs.

I am not sure that going from webbers to bike carbs will give much of a gain. ie you already have 4 x individual butterflies, and probably superior fuel air mixing with the webbers.

Going Injection and TB's will make some difference.

Just my 2d's worth

omega0684 - 19/9/11 at 06:45 PM

what webers are you running on your zetec at the moment? (im assuming your running a zetec as thats what you want a ride in)

gdp66 - 19/9/11 at 07:14 PM

I would go down to Chester Sports Cars.
I've got a zetec on zx6r bike carbs which were set-up by chester with a megajolt map.

Chester Sportscars
Unit 30, Garden City Industrial Estate,
Sealand Avenue,
Queensferry,
Deeside CH5 2HW

bbwales - 19/9/11 at 08:49 PM

Hi,

U2U sent

austin man - 19/9/11 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monck
Im changing my engine i was planning on goin bike carbs or bike tbs an sell my webbers

I know some will say stick with webbers so ....

if anyone has preferably a 2lt zetec on bike carbs or bike tbs that wouldn't mind taking me for a quick drive just so i can see if the drive seems any different ?

im in Cheshire so nearer the better ... Ryan

May be going to oulton park in the next couple of weeks Im running zx9's on a 1.8, previously ran Webbers both have a positive side the Bike Carbs are more economical and perform well and seem to stay set up. I did find the webbers felt like they had more bottom end grunt and the induction sound was fantastic

monck - 19/9/11 at 10:23 PM

Hi guys , think i best clear up something

i never planed to go bike carbs for more power , i just heard the drive is better , smoother and more responsive than on webbers ... i just didnt want to sacrifice a great deal of power to gain these....

i currently have 40 webbers of my 1.8 these would need jetting anyhow if i didnt swap for bike carbs and fitted them to my new 2.0 blacktop ...

Are 40 webbers even big enough to get the best out of a 2ltr blacktop ?

Bike throttle boddies - Are they worth the extra money ?

Sorry for all the questions lads .......

Cheers

monck - 7/10/11 at 03:51 PM

i think im going to go replace my webbers with bike throttle bodies rather than bike carbs

is there anyone not to far that would take me out in a zetec with some sort of bike tbs fitted ?

Cheers