Board logo

caravans....
blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:00 PM

... appearing on a vacant bit of land down the road from me at the minute...

keeping a close eye on all my stuff in the garage. and a baseball hat close by
getting the garage wired into the house alarm soon too.

there's been a weird looking kid walking up and down the road the last few days too, 4 times he's walked past the house yesterday, and about 5 times today

hmmmm

[Edited on 21/7/09 by blakep82]

omega0684 - 21/7/09 at 03:01 PM

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WORD! BE GONE WITH YOUR FOWL LANGUAGE FECKIN PIKIES!

[Edited on 21/7/09 by omega0684]

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:01 PM

what, garage?!

balidey - 21/7/09 at 03:01 PM

Yep, you've got to keep your wits about you when the caravan club hold one of their local meetings

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:03 PM

i won't be opening the garage door, just in case that weird kid has a subscription to carvan magazine....

Miks15 - 21/7/09 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
and a baseball hat close by

Yeh i hear they are well scared of headwear!

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:06 PM

also going to keep a bucket of water, soap and a face flannel. he'll be cacking himself!

coozer - 21/7/09 at 03:07 PM

Got anything metal you can leave in the garden? Wait with a camera when they come for it and then get the law involved.

CCTV is good as well, nailed the scrote who threatened me with a knife the other week.

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:09 PM

most metal things get left in the garden not got anywhere else to keep them
cement mixer to name one... will have to chain it down to something

hmmm, cctv, any good reliable cheap ways to do it? got a automatic security light out the back already, maybe a web cam on a old laptop in the kitchen window?

MK9R - 21/7/09 at 03:13 PM

wire up the garage door to the mains!!

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MK9R

lol i knew someone would say that i know i'd forget though

luke - 21/7/09 at 03:25 PM

what use is a baseball hat going to be?

bribe them with it?

Flamez - 21/7/09 at 03:27 PM

Blake quote
"keeping a close eye on all my stuff in the garage. and a baseball hat close by "

Miks quote
"Yeh i hear they are well scared of headwear!"

Seems to have passed blake by.....

Flamez - 21/7/09 at 03:27 PM

Blake quote
"keeping a close eye on all my stuff in the garage. and a baseball hat close by "

Miks quote
"Yeh i hear they are well scared of headwear!"

Seems to have passed blake by.....

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:31 PM

oh yeah i saw that, then forgot about it when i replied i meant bat, although the hat will help keep the sun out my eyes so i can see where i'm aiming as i break both his legs.

worryingly, i drove past them yesterday, at a distance, one of them was out, she looked quite hot, then when i got home i poured acid in my eyes as punishment. i obviously missed her monobrow, which merged into her hair line. they're worse than island folk, and i thought they were bad...

thunderace - 21/7/09 at 03:41 PM

its the glagow fair its just the holiday makers from the toon lol
(we had them in cumbernauld about 3 weeks ago the young team went down and petrol bombed there site they didnt even phone the police the were gont that day)

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 03:55 PM

but aren't they supposed to come doon the water on the waverley or something?! :L

wonder if they're the same lot? there were some caravans parked up in the port' last week, maybe the last 2 weeks.

Ivan - 21/7/09 at 04:49 PM

You could always "borrow" one of their caravans and turn it into a car trailer whilst they're out - I'm sure they would expect that type of behaviour from a local and react just like they expect you to react when they "borrow" something of yours.

Gazeddy - 21/7/09 at 06:02 PM

Gget all top gear on them drive a car through their caravans

JoelP - 21/7/09 at 06:07 PM

the kid is undoubtedly scouting the area. They get a thieving eye from a young age when they are being set such a dreadful example.

Bigheppy - 21/7/09 at 06:08 PM

quote:

My home made alarm has 240v switches on the door just where they would try to force it, when plod came round after someone tried to brake in I was warned that if the burgler was electrocuted I would be liable. He gave me a severe reprimand when I said They would be getting what they deserved.

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
the kid is undoubtedly scouting the area. They get a thieving eye from a young age when they are being set such a dreadful example.

garage alarm dude should be here by the end of the week, might go get a cheap webcam tomorrow, see if it might work. anyone know any good software for recording?

trikerneil - 21/7/09 at 06:25 PM

Wasn't the software HERE recommended in a previous post?

Neil

Peteff - 21/7/09 at 06:33 PM

Start building a bonfire near the caravans with lots of tyres on it and tell them you always burn your rubbish there at weekends

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trikerneil

Neil

wow! that looks really good! free too
might go out to see if i can get a cheap web cam to try

coozer - 21/7/09 at 08:08 PM

Aldi had colour cctv cams in last week. If you hurry they may have some left. Remember, the more the merrier..

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 08:56 PM

ah, we don't have an aldi near by. only a lidl

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 10:21 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trikerneil

Neil

wow! that looks really good! free too
might go out to see if i can get a cheap web cam to try

ah, well, got a cheap cam, and the software, although has a lot of great features, keep giving loads of errors. a restart might fix that actually, but every time i try doing anything, like the help feature, it downloads another load of crap. 5th new folder in my programs folder so far, each one with 5 other folders in it, with no uninstall option...

so, any other ideas on the software?

Ninehigh - 22/7/09 at 12:29 AM

Don't put the door on the mains, but you might have a frayed wire on the light inside your garage which just happened to be touching something metal they might grab hold of, and then f**kin 'ell that could have been me officer!!

But you won't forget that light being on = don't touch your stuff will you?

MK9R - 22/7/09 at 06:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bigheppy
quote:

My home made alarm has 240v switches on the door just where they would try to force it, when plod came round after someone tried to brake in I was warned that if the burgler was electrocuted I would be liable. He gave me a severe reprimand when I said They would be getting what they deserved.

Now that pi$$es me off, if someone is trying to open your garage door you should have the right to protect your stuff, why is the law always on the side of the criminal!

Staple balls - 22/7/09 at 06:34 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Now that pi$$es me off, if someone is trying to open your garage door you should have the right to protect your stuff, why is the law always on the side of the criminal!

I dunno, execution is a little OTT for that.

Also, then you don't get to leave them crippled and in pain for the rest of their lives.

MK9R - 22/7/09 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
quote:
quote:
quote:

Also, then you don't get to leave them crippled and in pain for the rest of their lives.

After having my house broken into to steal my car while me and my family are asleep upstairs, and the possible scenario that could have happened if i had woken up while they were entering rather than leaving makes me feel nothing OTT for scum that do it or even attempt to do it!

Benzine - 22/7/09 at 07:29 AM

invite them in for coffee and cakes

blakep82 - 22/7/09 at 10:39 AM

poison cakes? or just normal cakes?

blakep82 - 23/7/09 at 12:35 AM

how come theve all got pretty nice looking vans?! how do they manage to tax and insure them with no proper address? and if they don't tax and insure them, why aren't they stopped and have them crushed?
one of them was driving behind me in what looked like a ex AA van, i couldn't see any evidence of a tax disc in the window...

Ninehigh - 23/7/09 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pfft, I took a mains shock when I was 8, not even a burnt finger... Has left me paranoid about electricity since though. Do it and that kid will never break into a garage door again you're doing the world a service.

As for the cakes? Make turd cakes

Ninehigh - 23/7/09 at 12:37 AM

quote:
how come theve all got pretty nice looking vans?! how do they manage to tax and insure them with no proper address? and if they don't tax and insure them, why aren't they stopped and have them crushed?
one of them was driving behind me in what looked like a ex AA van, i couldn't see any evidence of a tax disc in the window...

They only pay the deposit... And to get the bugger crushed you'd need an army...

blakep82 - 23/7/09 at 12:44 AM

ah, yeah, deposit. hadn't thought of that....

yeah you'd need an army to get them off the site, but why don't they get stopped when driving out on their own?
might phone the police and say i saw an untaxed ex AA van out and about, give them the number plate lol see what they say

Ninehigh - 23/7/09 at 12:55 AM

I'll give the plod a response time of never, who'd like to take the Under?