Board logo

Buggritt!
David Jenkins - 1/4/03 at 09:45 AM

On Friday I thought "weather's good for the weekend, I'll get some work done in the garage, sun shining in, etc."

On Saturday I wrenched my back somehow (just driving along in my real car!) and spent the next 3 days unable to do a damn thing.

I've now got to be careful for the next week while it recovers...

Damn!

DJ

paulbeyer - 1/4/03 at 10:39 AM

I'm just back on my feet from a nasty attack of bronchitis. Added to the fact I spent the first part of the year working in Europe and the US I've done about 4 hours work on my car this year.

Frustrating or what?

chrisg - 1/4/03 at 05:45 PM

OW! OW! OW!

Sprained my finger now typing that!!!

Cheers

Chris
(with the bad back)

David Jenkins - 1/4/03 at 07:42 PM

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying...

yours, up!

8-)

DJ

[Edited on 1/4/03 by David Jenkins]

chrisg - 1/4/03 at 09:25 PM

Damn, I'm rubbish at puzzles.........erm....

Cheers

Chris

sg_frost - 2/4/03 at 04:56 PM

You think you got problems, my tubular chassis has a engine, box, and rear suspension. My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months! Guess the car will have to wait!! To hell with a sprained finger!!

chrisg - 2/4/03 at 05:34 PM

Don't know how to break this to you but

I don't really have a sprained finger!

LOL

Cheers

Chris

Fit as a fiddle me (touches wood)

Rorty - 3/4/03 at 04:59 AM

sg_frost:

quote:

You think you got problems.....My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months!

A statment like this has all the makings of a really good new thread to rival the scene from Jaws, where Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss are all on Shaws boat, and Shaw and Dreyfuss start comparing wounds and injuries.
Anyone care to follow on?

David Jenkins - 3/4/03 at 07:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sg_frost
You think you got problems, my tubular chassis has a engine, box, and rear suspension. My back has missing disks, cracked vertabrae, and pain. Doctor wants to put me out of action for 13 weeks! Flat on my face for 3months! Guess the car will have to wait!! To hell with a sprained finger!!

Puts my strained back into perspective!

Which, BTW, is getting better - hope to be working on the car this coming weekend...

8-)

DJ

Peteff - 3/4/03 at 08:58 AM

Roy Scheider's character doesn't like boats or fish or water, what possessed him to take the job. Ruined an otherwise perfectly plausible film for me. Not!.

yours, Pete.

James - 3/4/03 at 09:34 AM

Rorty wrote:

quote:

A statment like this has all the makings of a really good new thread to rival the scene from Jaws, where Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss are all on Shaws boat, and Shaw and Dreyfuss start comparing wounds and injuries.
Anyone care to follow on?

Well my right knee's got a ruptured medial ligament, cruciate damage and a meniscal tear and I'm still building!
:-p

HTH,

James
...just trying to prove he's not really a soft southern jessie... :-)

auzziejim - 3/4/03 at 10:39 AM

well iv got damaged cartalige in my left knee, arthritis in my left elbow and a pretty bad smokers cough, hehe!

I cant play football or rugby but can build a car

James

Alan B - 3/4/03 at 02:40 PM

Soft bastards the lot of you....:-)

(runs for cover)

auzziejim - 3/4/03 at 05:34 PM

alan we all know your just jealous you dont have any battle scars (if thats what you can call them)

James

Alan B - 3/4/03 at 06:10 PM

Damn.....found out..:-)

(obviously I do have my share of battle scars....how can you build cars without them?)

bob - 3/4/03 at 06:47 PM

Left knee cap went AWOL in 1986 and right knee cap decided to join it in 1993,arthritis is nice now its set in.

Couple of facial scars,but then again its hard round here

Ben 4x4 Shepperd - 3/4/03 at 07:02 PM

I've got an X scar on my chin a mis shapen finger after in was crushed flat, at the moment 2 dead finger nails, 3 moulten plastic scars where the skin was ripped off my hand, a scar on my left thumb from a machete, one on the right thumb where a kebab stick went thru my hand and one on my finger from glass and my back's got a bit busted off it and my knees are always dodgy And I;'m only 16!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisg - 3/4/03 at 07:15 PM

Well I'm just a brain in a jar - So beat that!

And my brwain huuurts!

Cheers

Cerebral Chris

paulbeyer - 3/4/03 at 09:22 PM

Damn I just got some oil and dirt under my finger nails and it looks like its buggered up my french manicure. It never rains but it pours. I dont know if I can carry on, good bye cruel world.

[Edited on 3/4/2003 by paulbeyer]

David Jenkins - 4/4/03 at 07:46 AM

Daft beggars!

DJ

mdc124 - 4/4/03 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Well I'm just a brain in a jar

Thats one damn **** jar !!!

*insert word of choice

Peteff - 4/4/03 at 09:54 AM

Is it a Shiphams bloater paste jar or summat like that. Anyway, if you're a brain in a jar how did you sprain your finger typing. You just make stuff up you do. I'm alright now my legs have grown back since my accident with the light sabre.

yours, Pete.

johnston - 4/4/03 at 05:42 PM

quote:

a scar on my left thumb from a machete, one on the right thumb where a kebab stick went thru my hand

HOW!!!!! did you mange them??????

scar on toe from stitches when i dropped a flagstone on it
scar on chin passed out in a enginerin shop onto two axle pins i was holdin 3 stitches gained

scar on right thumb from a gearbox with a sharp edge in the casin

various other scars on hands from a variety of diferent carparts and bracketry

and new burns from the oxy-cetlene and welders in work (got new job they let me play with fire the fools!!)

how do the sparks get inside 4+ layers of clothes ??????

oh and never had a broken bone in my life (yet)

Alan B - 4/4/03 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnston
......oh and never had a broken bone in my life (yet)

Yep, just what I used to say...until I was playing footy for Rockwell Graphics drawing office over 30's team (yes, really I'm over 30....)......at Deepdale, home of my beloved Preston North End.....when I erm....tripped up and fractured my skull.......never been the same since...

We won though...in case you wondered..

chrisg - 4/4/03 at 08:21 PM

I'm going to use thought control to make you stub your toe

Cos I've just won 8 .....no 10 million on the lottery

Got to go Kylie's at the door, dripping, if you know what I mean (and I think you do)

HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaa - wibble

Cheers

Chris, king of Belgium

theconrodkid - 4/4/03 at 08:49 PM

i think youl find its the men in white coats and not kylie at the door,shees doing the hoovering at my place

Ben 4x4 Shepperd - 4/4/03 at 10:19 PM

The machete had a loose handle and so when cutting close to my hand it actually cut through my thumb and the kebab skick thing was when I tried to make arrows to fire from a catapult and instead of going up it whent down and when through the hand which I as holding the catapault with
Ben

stephen_gusterson - 4/4/03 at 10:50 PM

is that king of belgium beer chris?

oscar wilde would have preferred to look up your skirt......it is the weekend after all chris(tine)

atb

steve

chrisg - 4/4/03 at 11:28 PM

I suppose we could have a philosophical discussion.....................

No..............Get stuffed!

I think I see a crack in this jar as well.......

h e l p

Chris

Peteff - 5/4/03 at 11:42 AM

Anyway I've got a black toenail from a nasty stub. I got up to answer the door thinking it might be Kylie and I caught it on the coffee table. And it wasn't her it was fat ass Lopez defying her restraining order again, ruined my week.

yours, Pete.

jollygreengiant - 5/4/03 at 06:30 PM

There's nothing quite like self-inflicted pain. Got to work this mornin & got given a desperation job, somone ovewr filled this chaps merc with engine oil (bout 2litres). So I grab floor mat & rip off seat cover from roll on rail. TOTALLY mis-time my pull at the seat cover and SMACK. Punched myself full tilt in the NUTS. Its bad enough when some else does it to you. But to do it to yourself. God they hurt.

[Edited on 5/4/03 by jollygreengiant]

Viper - 5/4/03 at 06:47 PM

I once knocked my self out with a 4lb lump hammer.
Don't ask bit daft realy.

andyd - 5/4/03 at 07:08 PM

I can top that for stupid self inflicted accidents!

I have a number of hole cutters and they have a nut to tighten them onto the drill bit shaft. I was tightening with a large spanner (can't remeber which size) whilst it was attached to the drill, whilst the drill was plugged in, whilst I had my finger near the trigger!!

In order to stop the drill from twisting as I did the hole cutter up I thought I'd put a little pressure on the trigger as it's a variable speed one. Yep you guest it the spanner left my hand at a great rate of knots and twatted me right on the nose!

Lots of blood and a very sore hooter. Won't be doing that ever again! Why do we have to learn these things the hard way?

[Edited on 5/4/2003 by andyd]

auzziejim - 5/4/03 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Viper
I once knocked my self out with a 4lb lump hammer.
Don't ask bit daft realy.

Viper i knocked my self out with a 4lb lump hammer when i was 8!!! trying to hammer apart a wooden frame missed the top part and the hammer twatted me slap bang in the middle of the forehead! i dropped to the floor like a lead balloon dad says, LOL

James

Viper - 5/4/03 at 08:39 PM

Auzzi
that sounds familiar cept i was 36....

Marcus - 6/4/03 at 08:52 PM

Well I've got a cold.
So there!!

Marcus