Board logo

What do all these tubes do?
Mark Allanson - 15/3/03 at 07:52 PM

I got a Fiat Uno series 2 fuel filler neck today, no key to the lock, but that can be sorted. The unit is easily removed only if you chisel a 8"x8" piece out of the quarter panel, I would hate to get one out of a servicable car!

Problem is - identifying the pipes, I know what the big one does!, and the smaller corrugated one is the breather, but why have I got 2 small pipes, one seems to have a non return valve and the other goes to a box attached to the filler neck.

The only thing I can think of, is some sort of fuel return, but I would have thought this would have gone to the tank.

Second question, is there an easy way to get the locking cap out without resorting to the assistance rendered by Mr Black and Mr Decker?

Mark Allanson - 15/3/03 at 08:05 PM

I tried to post a pickie but Chris has got the sump off the server

Mark Allanson - 16/3/03 at 10:22 AM

Rescued attachment DCP_0600sml.jpg
Rescued attachment DCP_0600sml.jpg

Mark Allanson - 16/3/03 at 10:23 AM

Rescued attachment DCP_0602sml.jpg
Rescued attachment DCP_0602sml.jpg

Viper - 16/3/03 at 10:37 AM

Isn't using that thing overcomplicating matters?

Mark Allanson - 16/3/03 at 07:42 PM

It might do, but with all this talk of non return valves etc, if I can figure it all out, it might save time and dosh later on. On the other hand, I could just blank off the unidentified piped and use the filler neck in simple mode!

stephen_gusterson - 16/3/03 at 11:20 PM

that looks way too complicated!

atb

steve

sg_frost - 17/3/03 at 01:06 AM

Its all to do with our foreign friends in brussels that says your car must not emit smelly petrol fumes. They should be connected to a charcoal canister and other such fiddly things, the one way valve allows air into the tank, i.e. when the petrol goes to the engine, and to prevent fuel coming out when the poor thing gets thrashed so much it rolls onto its roof. BIN IT, don't need such complicated stuff on a kit car.