Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy R Newcomer
PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
The supercharged Indy in the video was mk sportscars demo car at the time,its now been sold,gone over to its new owner in france,the supercharger was a TTS conversion kit,fitted by Steve at MK,the cost is around £2500 to do the full conversion including fitting a thicker head gasket to reduce the compression,turns a rapid car into a very rapid car,but on the downside reliabilty was a big problem,so you have to ask if its worth the extra investment and reliabilty problems for little gain in overall lap times.I am sure you will be more than happy with the stock gsxr1000,power is nothing without control,as Danny Keenan shows here in a video when we where having a play at another trackday at Bruntingthorpe

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkLPadcSqg&feature=channel_page

Just to add the price I quoted was what mk could buy the kits for trade,retail as Phil says above you would be looking at nearer £4000,and thats without fitting new rods and pistons which you realy do need.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Old Banger

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a no then as this little lot has almost gonna wipe me out until mid summer.

Is anyone going to Oulton Park on the 17th?

Old Banger

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Last time i was there at brunters i was spinning off all day with Don Palmer - Mad Bugger he is aswell!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old Banger
anyone going to Oulton Park on the 17th?

I think some of the lads at MK are going,I was going to book on,but left it too late and its booked up now so I have booked on Cadwell on the 25th of Jan,and Oulton on the 11th of Feb only in the Clio though.

Old Banger

posted on 5/1/09 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Love to go to cadwell park but it seems a right trek from here.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/1/09 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Its worth the trek,its one track you just have to drive in a 7 type car
Old Banger

posted on 6/1/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like another date for 09 then.

Has anyone been over to the ring in one of these cars...and if so did they drive there or tow the car?

Dan

[Edited on 6/1/09 by Old Banger]

Old Banger

posted on 6/1/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
How much power can I expect to see from the gixer 1000? MK Say that it'll be around 185 with a power commander?

Also I have opted for the Cobra Black leather seats but some have said that you might be sat too high....anyone have this problem or does it make a problem with the full roll cage that i am also going for?

Dan

Old Banger

posted on 6/1/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Wow they still seem like good figures..My E46 M3 had 360bhp tuned by simpsons but i never really timed it doing standing starts it was mostly track days so i have nothing to compare it to.

I'm sure that these cars will blow it away off the lights and then the power and aerodynamics would take over around 80-100mph of the M3?

Would this be a fair analysis?

Jubal

posted on 6/1/09 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Wow they still seem like good figures..My E46 M3 had 360bhp tuned by simpsons but i never really timed it doing standing starts it was mostly track days so i have nothing to compare it to.

I'm sure that these cars will blow it away off the lights and then the power and aerodynamics would take over around 80-100mph of the M3?

You will blow away an M3 assuming there's the odd corner thrown in. Here's a vid of me in my old R1 Indy reeling in a 500bhp GT2 at Oulton. There's nothing much faster for the cash.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0gYxNVLi8

Old Banger

posted on 6/1/09 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
quote:

You will blow away an M3 assuming there's the odd corner thrown in. Here's a vid of me in my old R1 Indy reeling in a 500bhp GT2 at Oulton. There's nothing much faster for the cash.

Very Impressed have you not got that now?

welderman

posted on 6/1/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
black's the way to go, enjoyImage deleted by owner

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

welderman

posted on 6/1/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
bigger picImage deleted by owner

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

Jubal

posted on 6/1/09 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Very Impressed have you not got that now?

Nope, sold it to someone else on here and he's tidying it up. I'm having a kit car break

Old Banger

posted on 6/1/09 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car Welderman!

What is that runnng in it?

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/1/09 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Also I have opted for the Cobra Black leather seats but some have said that you might be sat too high....anyone have this problem or does it make a problem with the full roll cage that i am also going for?

In my opinion your better off with the standard MK fibreglass seats,they are top quality,very strong and light weight, and they ensure your sat low down in the car,you can always fit some pads to them,as I did with mine to stop you sliding about in them.

welderman

posted on 6/1/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice car Welderman!

What is that runnng in it?

It was running a standard honda fireblade 919cc engine, then went mad stuck a turbo on it, threw loads of money at it, then sold it, but still have the engine thats waiting for a doner car one day, currently building a fisher fury.
ORANGE Rescued attachment Image017.jpg
Rescued attachment Image017.jpg

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

Old Banger

posted on 7/1/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
What sort of top end do these cars do and is it stable as the aerodynamics aren't like a normal car?

Would love to hear any stories of anyone going to the ring in one of these as might be going to spa then there in the summer?

Hellfire

posted on 7/1/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Most seven styled BEC's you'll be looking at between 115mph & 130mph tops, depending on engine CC. It's quite comfortable upto about 90mph but once you exceed this your head gets buffeted in the wind which makes your eyes shake from side to side It does in ours anyhow........

The aerodynamics are similar to those of a brick It's very stable though.

Phil

[Edited on 7-1-09 by Hellfire]

A1

posted on 10/1/09 at 03:06 AM Reply With Quote
had mine up to 105 a couple of weeks ago, just let my head go against the headrest and it was totally fine...very stable
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.