Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Buying a Locost today - final advice/opinions pls (NEW PIC ADDED 4.50PM)
GrumpyOne

posted on 31/7/09 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YODI
No worries mate I appreciate your reply but as you know im new to kit cars so would appreciate a reason behind why you say that and what to look for??

What can you see with your experience that I can't??

I've looked on here, ebay and piston heads and cant find any other car for the same money that takes my interest or has the same spec.

Please don't listen to me I am not qualified to give you advice, listen to the other replies.
I just don't like the look of it, from the misaligned cycle wing bolts to the rough hood scoop. but as I say please don't listen to me.

Cheers
Colin

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

YODI

posted on 31/7/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
do you mean the front mudguards, are they cycle wings??

I hate the fact the bolts are random too

foes

posted on 31/7/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yes and thats probably reflected in the rest of build, if you can't get the small things perfect then what are the major things like...?

just my 2p's worth

Peteff

posted on 31/7/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Have a go in it and if it doesn't have any nasty surprises it doesn't look bad. It's a home made car after all and if you are able to alter the bits you want then it will gradually become the car you want. You can always try chipping him on the price, factor in buying a decent set of shocks etc. as they look like Robin Hood ones which are adequate but not perfect.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

YODI

posted on 31/7/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

I think I am going to buy it, I say that on the basis there are no nasty suprises when I see it in real.

The shocks are Spax all round.

The car works which is whats inportant to me, I have the time effort, money and patience to tidy the car up and make it mine etc but dont to build one from scratch. The car works and is useable which is important to me, cosmetics are easy and enjoyable to change

foes

posted on 1/8/09 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foes
quote:

Yes and thats probably reflected in the rest of build, if you can't get the small things perfect then what are the major things like...?

just my 2p's worth

Oh yeh meant to add a plus point, excellent engine...!
I've had a couple of astra gte's but never driven a locost with one in, same as you say better then a pinto which most others around this price point would come with...
let us know how you get on and if you buy it post some more pics up!

[Edited on 1/8/09 by foes]

YODI

posted on 1/8/09 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I bought it today

Happy days, I absolutely love it. Yes it needs some TLC but nothing majot at all, it goes very very well

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.