Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stafford Show Sillyness
Jon Ison

posted on 19/9/10 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke with a pretty well known manufacturer yesterday who obviously wasn't at the show, "not worth the effort" basically.
I also know another parts manufacturer who was bombarded with requests to attend at ever reducing prices, at the end of the day these guys have to put food on the table, there only going to "show" if there is a return to be had or even break even if they attend as PR exercise.

I think the show as had its day.

pdm

posted on 19/9/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
I went today and there wasn't many cars there which semed a shame as weather was actually ok.

Hall was sparse but I was at least prepared. MNR and MEV were good and the silver GKD.

But for me it was an excellent show as went with kids and missus to show them the MNR and my missus said, and I quote, "really excited about this now it should be good fun"

that said now we are home she won't repeat or sign the affidavit !!!

Think she's on board now though so well worth £20 !!!

bob

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
After 14 years of kit shows i can only advise that Stoneleigh is the big one and not to be missed for serious purchasers, Exeter is about the best of the rest for an end of year/season show.

Sadly Donington which was my favourite weekend mainly due to the open track on sundays and the people who turned up has been going downhill for some time, and as far as i know probably wont ever get back to its better days.

I'm sure plenty here can remember the 2000's and some extremely good weekends at Donington, i just wish we could have them back as it would certainly rebuild my enthusiasm for the whole scene.

Shame really falls on the leading so called kit car magazines for not offering us any value, i know these events cost money but maybe the organisers should take stock and have a rethink on venues.

AdamCKC

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
Shame really falls on the leading so called kit car magazines for not offering us any value, i know these events cost money but maybe the organisers should take stock and have a rethink on venues.

Not quite sure why all the kit car magazines are copping the blame here. Complete Kit Car doesn't organise any shows...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey... just been reading about this Den Tanner bloke. Unless he's the victim of a well organized internet smear campaign, then he would appear to be a bit of a chancer!

It's Evolution Baby!

bob

posted on 20/9/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdamCKC
quote:
Originally posted by bob

Not quite sure why all the kit car magazines are copping the blame here. Complete Kit Car doesn't organise any shows...

Hi Adam

If you take the time to read my quote i am not blaming all the kit car magazines, just the "leading so called kit car magazines"

rusty nuts

posted on 20/9/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Don't you mean the "so called" leading kitcar magazine Bob?
scootz

posted on 20/9/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
*pedant mode on purely for the purpose of arbitration*

Bob, your use of the letter 's' at the end of the word 'magazine' in your original post implies that you are referring to more than one of the leading kit car mags.

Aaaaand Complete Kit Car magazine can be classed as one of the 'leading' kit car publications... so your post implies that they are somehow also culpable for the apparently shambolic Staffordshire Show!

It's Evolution Baby!

bob

posted on 20/9/10 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
well spotted, yes plural meaning more than one.

madteg

posted on 20/9/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I will not be going again £45 pound on petrol only to be charged £10 to look at cars i have seen before.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.