Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Body work
Razor

posted on 12/3/09 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Body work

Ive fitted my side panels and lined up my scuttle with them and bolted that down. i alined up my bonnet and then the nose cone but the bonnet just dont sit right, ive tried all sorts of positions and moving the nose cone but the bonnet just wont sit flat with the side pannels there is a huge gap. i can get one side of my bonnet flat and flush but that just creates a huge gap on the other side. any ideas of tips? if my nose cone in the wrong place? ill try and get a photo up later to show you better.
jacko

posted on 12/3/09 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I did mine the other way round
fit the sides
temp fit the nose
put the bonnet on and then
the scuttle
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dangle_kt

posted on 12/3/09 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
you might need to trim the bonnet, you might find its a bit out, sometimes that happens as they all tend to be the same shape no matter what car they are bought for.
Hellfire

posted on 12/3/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Check the thickness of the fibreglass on the front and back edges of the bonnet. Sometimes, if the thickness is uneven, it can prevent the bonnet from sitting flat on the scuttle/nosecone and therefore the sides. If this is the case, just sand it down to make it even.

Phil

[Edited on 12-3-09 by Hellfire]

lococost

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
mine doesnt sit perfectly flat either, it's fine on the scuttle, but there is a bit of a gap on the nose side and to the side panels. Once the bonnet catches are on it fits ok though. The bonnet flexes in place.
Razor

posted on 16/3/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Ive taken peoples advice and filed down the lip, but i still end up with a gap on one side. any more tips?

[Edited on 16/3/09 by Razor]

Razor

posted on 16/3/09 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
heres a pic Rescued attachment CIMG02751.JPG
Rescued attachment CIMG02751.JPG

Hellfire

posted on 16/3/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
That doesn't look right to me. The gap appears to be equal all the way along the bottom edge of the bonnet. Assuming the scuttle is from MK, measure the edge where the bonnet sits and find the length from one side to the other and then measure the bonnet. These two measurements should be pretty close.

Looking at the bonnet overlap onto the nosecone, it does appear that the nosecone might be fastened too far back but if there's a similar gap at the scuttle it looks like the bonnet may be the wrong size.

I'd check the measurements and then give MK a call.

Phil

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.