Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Some advice please!
sambo83

posted on 15/3/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Some advice please!

Hi all I'm new to the site and kit cars, am going to look at an mk Indy with fireblade engine on fri I don't really know what to be looking out for so can anyone give me some tips, all I know is that it will have 12 months mot and has just had a new clutch, can you give me a rough idea of the life expectancy of a bike engine and it's clutch and any other tips to look out for? Thanks v much in advance
Paul TigerB6

posted on 15/3/09 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse.

Best advice i could give if you are new to kit cars is to take along someone who does know them. If you pop in your profile where you are, and also where the Indy is you are going to look at - maybe someone will be free and able to go with you.

ReMan

posted on 15/3/09 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
You cant give that much info and advice in one post
If your new to it all I would advise getting some assistance in viewing a car or put the listing here it may be well known

Fireblade engine could last 50k or more clutch between 1 week and forever

Add where you are and youll get more help here

matt.c

posted on 15/3/09 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on how you drive it really. If you sit on the rev limiter all the time then it wont last. BEC's give the clutches alot of stick due to the weight of the car but if driven well then they will last for many years. Just check oil, water etc and on test drive check for clean gear changes. The fireblade engine is a cracking engine and has been proven to be by the RGB racers. If it looks a tidy car with no wires hanging everywhere and good body work they it will prob be a well looked after car.
Hope this helps.

Matt

[Edited on 15/3/09 by matt.c]

imp paul

posted on 16/3/09 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
HI MATE WELCOME TO THE PLACE TO B

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.