Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Frontera Question
omega0684

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Frontera Question

a mate of mine is having trouble with his frontera, i know whats wrong but don't know what the part is called that he needs to replacement, so i call on locostbuilders to try and find the answer.

the part that needs replacement only appears to be on the petrol models (my mate has the 2.2 ecotec petrol) the sensors position is on the left side of the engine bay as you open the bonnet, its behind the airbox and has vac pipes leading into it from the inlet manifold and the fuel pressure regulator.

the sensor is positioned on the side of a unit that has a two pipes leading into it, one from the exhaust manifold and the other from the airbox(engine side of the filter) the unit loks like it has some sort of actuator on the top which has a vac pipe going to hte sensor as well.

anyone know what it is? MAP sensor perhaps?

[Edited on 13/7/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rayward

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
maybe the EGR (exhaust gas recycling?) valve

hth
Ray

omega0684

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
it has an electrical connection on it as well so im guessing it has some input back to the ecu
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
RAY YOUR A LEGEND!
rayward

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
like this...........

omega0684

posted on 13/7/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
no, its the solenoid valve on the side that im after, i found it in the haynes manual, just got to find a replacement now!
Gazeddy

posted on 13/7/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
is it not an oxygen injector system. ford fitted them to clean up the emissions

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.