Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "Maybe Because I'm Black"...
scootz

posted on 29/5/11 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
"Maybe Because I'm Black"...

... did Hamilton really just say that!?

Silly silly boy! Whilst a few nations will take it in its Ali-G-Style context... many more won't!

It's Evolution Baby!

Surrey Dave

posted on 29/5/11 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
No , It's Not Because He's Black!!

It's because he made overtaking moves when the opportunity did not exist and he expected his competitors to help him by jumping out of the way!

He should check out Jenson's overtaking, decisive quick and clean, he could also read Jenson's scripts on what to say after the race.

Good fun to see an F1 driver talking that straight though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But he is not bigger than the F1 machine and needs to watchout......................

omega 24 v6

posted on 29/5/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Di Resta is black to then???

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

StevieB

posted on 29/5/11 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's clear he was looking for a humourous slant to his frustration but his face (even wearing his sunglasses) showed immediately he said it that he knew it was a stupid thing to say (hence the mention of the Ali G explanation).

In fairness people zone in on it because said black. He could just as easily have said another fact such as it's because he's from Stevenage which would have had the same implications that the stewards are singling him out but wouldn't have caused the same impact.

I imagine there'll be a fair old discussion with his PR manager though - he needs to learn that the only words you're truly the master of are the ones you don't say.

omega0684

posted on 29/5/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Di Resta is black to then???

do you not mean Di Rasta is black to?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
T66

posted on 29/5/11 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
EJ observed that hamilton was very aggressive - he was spot on...

young talented man, consumed with young mans red mist. He ferked up, he is just too young to know why

Stuart_B

posted on 29/5/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
i think he might be getting a chat to for saying that

but as said, he got mad a drove very hard, trying to make opening which where never going to be there.

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

balidey

posted on 29/5/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
he's still a young bloke which will explain two things.
1, he's still a bit hot headed on track.
2, he's not quite mastered how to shave.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

BenB

posted on 29/5/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I guess there's no worry about the McLaren being flimsy this year- LH gave it a serious destruction testing!

I feel a bit sorry for old LH. Quali was ruined by Massa staying out in a surpisingly slow Ferrari and not exactly jumping out the way. Okay it wasn't obviously illegal but it was highly suspiscious that Massa decided to do that when it meant he would be out in a completely non competitive and very slow car and just happen to be in front of LH on his hot lap. Is that really what Ferrari have resorted to??!!?!
The LH/Massa incident was interesting, Massa could have actually taken a wider route but the car in from of him slowed so he turned in to try and take a tighter curve and Hamilton drove into him. Massa could have stayed wide and avoided the crash. Hamilton was committed so had no where to go at that point. I think he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Oh well. The Maldinado one was tricky- Hamilton was a fair way down his side pod before Maldinavo turned in on him... they could have both made the corner although it would have meant Maldinado going well off the racing line and almost stopping...

I have to say I think he was a bit hard done by... people have done so much worse and got away with it. Doesn't make it okay but it does mean he was harshly penalised.

I have to say LH showed his immaturity with the comment about being black though. Even if was 100% meant as a joke it was a plain stupid thing to say.
Oh well, it was a bad weekend all round for LH. But you've got to love the determination he shows!

Gordy

posted on 29/5/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Poor Lewis held up by a slow Ferrari as was Jenson
norfolkluego

posted on 29/5/11 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Certainly better than most Monaco races but.....
If the FIA are going to ask the drivers to race on a track that's patently unsuited to modern F1 cars then they can't apply the same standards that they do at Silverstone or Monza. My take is, if you want the drivers to try to overtake there, expect crashes otherwise it's back to the celeb infested bore fest that is usual at Monaco.

As to Hamltons comments, at first I just heard them (in kitchen getting tea) and they did sound bad but having now seen the interview it's fairly obvious he was trying to make a joke. Another thing is that Hamilton has always been criticised for being to 'corporate', too much McLaren speak. He has a bad day at the office, gets frustrated and shoots from the hip and still ends up taking flak, sometimes think he can't win.

eddie99

posted on 29/5/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I say poor Lewis... He's had a bad weekend!!!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mattf

posted on 30/5/11 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
I think that the Ali G comment was a joke but the other comments he's made were quite frankly ridiculous. Massa was a fair distance ahead in qualifying and certainly did not block him. The clash with Massa got a penalty because every crash at the hairpin gets a penalty these days. Di resta got one in this race and other drivers have got them in the past. Before the race he had a dig at the team for the strategy in qualifying too. With all this complaining maybe he's gonna grow a 'tash and start talking with a brummie accent!
Hellfire

posted on 30/5/11 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
What's with his use of the word 'frickin' anyway? Stupid word. He's not American. Use the proper English alternative or nothing at all.......

Phil

daniel mason

posted on 30/5/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
he was frustarted at a lot of things,that was eay to tell. first the qualifying was harsh on him as was quickest in Q2 and then his pit stop mix up where the mechs were not ready when he entered the pit lane. then algersuare driving up the back of him.
he loves to win and i tink he knew finishing p7 was not great for his title chances so he took a few risks,but unfortunately for him,he never pulled them off and cost another driver the chance of some decent points. there was also no room to pass massa at the hairpin.it was a daft move to try

craig1410

posted on 31/5/11 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
I nearly PMSL when I heard him utter those words and even beforehand I was cringing at some of the things he was saying about the stewards and the other drivers. He seemed to be the only person who thought he had done nothing wrong! I've never been a big fan of Hamilton but he seems to have got worse since he lucked into the 2008 WDC.

He's as arrogant as ever but is now whiny and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong. In terms of class he comes nowhere close to Alonso, Vettel, Button and Webber who are all capable of getting frustrated and speaking their mind but somehow they manage to sound passionate rather than petulant. Even rookie Paul Di Resta could teach him a thing or two about charisma, charm and PR. I suspect in time Paul will show him a thing or two on track. That might create an awkward situation given that his manager is Lewis's dad!

In my opinion he has lost his focus with the change in management following a complete lack of management. Martin Whitmarsh doesn't seem to be able to control him in the same way as Uncle Ron did and the hollywood lifestyle is taking its toll I suspect. He could do a lot better than date his pussycat doll too and ideally needs a strong lady behind him, ideally closer to his own age. Just look at Alonso's wife or Button's girlfriend to see what I mean. These are real women not just ornaments although in fairness they look very good too...

Cheers,
Craig.

coozer

posted on 31/5/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Over inflated twaddle, who cares??

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Johneturbo

posted on 31/5/11 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
It's because he made overtaking moves when the opportunity did not exist and he expected his competitors to help him by jumping out of the way!

He should check out Jenson's overtaking, decisive quick and clean, he could also read Jenson's scripts on what to say after the race.

But he is not bigger than the F1 machine and needs to watchout......................

Jenson didn't overtake anyone for position did he? thats why he only finished 3rd! infact i don't even remember him trying to overtake Alonso them last few laps and he was on newer tyres....

MikeRJ

posted on 31/5/11 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I feel a bit sorry for old LH. Quali was ruined by Massa staying out in a surpisingly slow Ferrari and not exactly jumping out the way.

A Ferrari driver baulking a faster car during qualifying at Monaco...do you ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?

craig1410

posted on 31/5/11 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Johneturbo
quote:

Jenson didn't overtake anyone for position did he? thats why he only finished 3rd! infact i don't even remember him trying to overtake Alonso them last few laps and he was on newer tyres....

According to James Allen, Button couldn't attack Alonso due to the turbulent air from Alonso's car. Apparently the McLaren is particularly sensitive to it. Button said he was waiting for Alonso and Vettel to crash! Alonso probably had the psychological advantage as he was on fresher tyres and Vettel didn't need to win whereas Alonso really does need to win to keep any chance of the WDC alive. I think Alonso would have had a go and Vettel would have leapt out of the way. I think Alonso was waiting until the last 2 or 3 laps when his tyre advantage would have been maximised before having a proper go at him. It's a shame we will never know what would have happened...

craig1410

posted on 31/5/11 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I feel a bit sorry for old LH. Quali was ruined by Massa staying out in a surpisingly slow Ferrari and not exactly jumping out the way.

A Ferrari driver baulking a faster car during qualifying at Monaco...do you ever get that feeling of Deja Vu?

I don't know if you guys are aware but according to James Allen's analysis of the race, Massa was on a one stop strategy which might explain why he was slow. He certainly wasn't as slow in qualy and Alonso's pace suggested the Ferrari wasn't slow at Monaco.

Johneturbo

posted on 31/5/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I nearly PMSL when I heard him utter those words and even beforehand I was cringing at some of the things he was saying about the stewards and the other drivers. He seemed to be the only person who thought he had done nothing wrong! I've never been a big fan of Hamilton but he seems to have got worse since he lucked into the 2008 WDC.

He's as arrogant as ever but is now whiny and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong. In terms of class he comes nowhere close to Alonso, Vettel, Button and Webber who are all capable of getting frustrated and speaking their mind but somehow they manage to sound passionate rather than petulant. Even rookie Paul Di Resta could teach him a thing or two about charisma, charm and PR. I suspect in time Paul will show him a thing or two on track. That might create an awkward situation given that his manager is Lewis's dad!

In my opinion he has lost his focus with the change in management following a complete lack of management. Martin Whitmarsh doesn't seem to be able to control him in the same way as Uncle Ron did and the hollywood lifestyle is taking its toll I suspect. He could do a lot better than date his pussycat doll too and ideally needs a strong lady behind him, ideally closer to his own age. Just look at Alonso's wife or Button's girlfriend to see what I mean. These are real women not just ornaments although in fairness they look very good too...

Cheers,
Craig.

LOL "lucked into the 2008 WDC" if Alonso hadn't thrown his toys out the pram Lewis would had also won it in his first F1 season beating the champion at the time Alonson in the same car!!

Isn't buttons gf just a model?

Johneturbo

posted on 31/5/11 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
quote:
quote:

According to James Allen, Button couldn't attack Alonso due to the turbulent air from Alonso's car. Apparently the McLaren is particularly sensitive to it. Button said he was waiting for Alonso and Vettel to crash! Alonso probably had the psychological advantage as he was on fresher tyres and Vettel didn't need to win whereas Alonso really does need to win to keep any chance of the WDC alive. I think Alonso would have had a go and Vettel would have leapt out of the way. I think Alonso was waiting until the last 2 or 3 laps when his tyre advantage would have been maximised before having a proper go at him. It's a shame we will never know what would have happened...

James Allen is just a TV pundit, he's not the oracle! Lewis managed to overtake MS So JB's tactic to win the tittle is hope everyone infront crashes!

i also don't think Vettel would have jumped out the way he wanted to win Monoco and as he's got so many more points he could afford a DNF Alonso can't

mrwibble

posted on 31/5/11 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
meh. he had a crap weekend. he was frustrated and made mistakes.
craig1410

posted on 31/5/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
LOL "lucked into the 2008 WDC" if Alonso hadn't thrown his toys out the pram Lewis would had also won it in his first F1 season beating the champion at the time Alonson in the same car!!

Isn't buttons gf just a model?

The way I see 2007 - even with Ron Dennis and most of the team behind their golden boy, he still ended up with the same number of points as Alonso. Hamilton is a decent driver but it's questionable in my view, if he would have got to where he is today if he had come through the hard way like most drivers on the grid. He went the X-Factor route and was groomed for McLaren.

Button's girlfriend may be a model but she is also a pretty decent athlete and according to those who spend time in the company of Jenson and her, she is way more than just a pretty face. On the other hand I can still remember Martin Brundle's attempt to interview Nicole S on a grid walk and all she did was giggle and talk nonsense. Martin just smiled and shook his head.

quote:
James Allen is just a TV pundit, he's not the oracle! Lewis managed to overtake MS So JB's tactic to win the tittle is hope everyone infront crashes!

i also don't think Vettel would have jumped out the way he wanted to win Monoco and as he's got so many more points he could afford a DNF Alonso can't

I, and many others, see JA as much more than "just a TV pundit" as he has been immersed in F1 up close for many years and has many good sources behind the scenes. You and I can only wish we had access to F1 in the way that he has. Here is an excellent article from his website. Note that this is analysis based on facts and opinions from a variety of sources. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/05/a-deep-dive-into-the-race-strategies-from-monaco-how-the-race-was-won/

Hamilton may have done some legitimate overtakes amongst his various illegal ones but remember he was also overtaken by MSC when he was presumably napping. Jenson would probably have won the race if it were not for the safety car coming out at just the wrong time for him.

Vettel may have tried to fight Alonso to the point of crashing but I think in the circumstance he would have been prepared to settle for 2nd because the people immediately behind him in the WDC would still be behind him. Vettel is savvy enough to pick his battles I think and is able to keep his ego in check in such a situation.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.